March 20, 2005

This will be a rant. I reserve the right to delete it at any later time.

I live in a loud, disgusting, inconsiderate family. I'm sure many people do. I'm just acknowledging that I do too.

The first night I was home, I was so exhausted. Having stayed up late and woken up early finishing assignments all the week before, and having endured a four hour train ride with a dirty-mouthed cell phone user directly behind me the entire time, I was so tired. I went to bed. Sometime around 12:30, I heard what sounded like someone breaking down my door with a pickaxe. Being so tired, it took me about ten minutes of this pickaxe sound for me to wake up. When I did, I realized that it was midnight, and my dad was hammering away at the other side of one of the walls of my room. He was preparing the entryway of our house for some retiling or something before we sell it. Why midnight? Who knows. I put a blanket over my head, and it didn't help. I very wearily stumbled upstairs and whined, "Daaaaaad!" He said, "I'll be done in fifteen minutes."

I went into the bathroom and cried. Partly because it's an emotional time of the month anyway, but probably mostly because I was still half asleep and I was so confused about all the loud noises.

Half an hour later, when he'd finished, I don't know what I was thinking, but I went up and said, "I'm really sleep deprived and you woke me up, and you should at least apologize" or something like that. I got yelled at, which is what I would have expected if I had been fully awake. So then I cried some more.

So, it was a little after 1 when I finally got to bed.

At 5 am, I woke up for some reason and heard the computer in the next room (this keyboard is really loud). Heidi was up. She'd been up the whole night, which meant the sound had been continuing the whole night, but it had only now woken me up. Guess my body decided I'd had enough sleep.

That whole day I was fatigued, obviously.

Then that night (I'm going to break the rules of female silence on this subject) it became that particular time of the month which is never very pleasant. It always makes me really tired, but the pain is so bad I can't sleep. So I was like that until maybe 1. Then I had to wake up for church at 7.

So now, tonight, Sunday night, I'm thinking, this is the night. This is the night where I will sleep. So I got into my pajamas, I turned out the light...I almost got in bed, and I heard the drill in the garage, right next to my room. I asked Dad when he'd be done drilling and he said "Maybe in an hour". That was half an hour ago. Except, I just heard him hammering again. I could just see it - "I told you I'd stop drilling in an hour, not hammering on your wall - I'll stop hammering on your wall in 2 1/2 hours.)

I decided to play piano to pass the time, because piano helps me forget how tired I am. My sister stumbled downstairs and was liek "Amber, you woke me up. Your piano is louder than Dad's drilling." That's utterly ridiculous. Her room isn't next to the garage like mine is, so she can't even hear it.

You know, she is a spoiled brat. I love my mom, but she lets Heidi get away with everything. I'm serious, that girl stays on the computer from approximately 10 pm to 6 am nearly every night. The next day, she's "sick" and sleeps all day. Then she complains about how busy she is and how she doesn't have time for her schoolwork.

She's constantly waking me up. Her music wakes me up. She sings too loud and plays guitar too loud. She talks too loud. She types too loud and too often. It's about time she experienced me waking her up.

I want to go back to school forever and take just my mom with me.

-Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home