March 15, 2005

I don't know why I'm posting...I have class in twenty minutes...I have lots of homework..I'm just rambling, really.

I finished memorizing Hebrews 9! It took me forever, too. It was basically my goal for the week. I purposely set a small goal - the second half of Hebrews 9 before Friday - because I knew I'd have so much to do it would be hectic. But I did it! And on Tuesday, no less!

I found a ride to the train station, too. My last class on Friday gets out at 12. My train leaves at 12:30.

I don't like David Crowder that much.

It is sunny but not exceptionally warm.

I had tea today.

I got to sit on the floor through two of my classes today.

I had at least two good conversations with people today.

I hope soon I'll stop reviewing the rescue breathing/CPR process in my head every night and constantly looking around for unconscious people to practice my new skills on.

Okay, David Crowder. I don't know if I can "judge" his songs, but the words never seem to inspire anything in me. Like, it's nice to repeat "there is no one like you, there has never been anyone like you" fifty times and know that it's directed toward God...it's nice...I guess. It's not scriptural, which is not necessarily bad, but it just doesn't help me to worship God. When I talk to God, I don't repeat "there is no one like you" fifty times. The songs might be pleasant sounding to some, but they don't assist me in worshipping God, which is what worship songs are meant to do.

Of course, it might just be a problem with me, which is why I can't "judge" his songs. I can pretty much only say "they don't help me worship and that's why I don't like them" but I can't say "they don't help anybody to worship." So there you go. If you like David Crowder, great!

Then there's his version of "All Creatures of Our God and King" which I have absolutely no problem with, since he didn't even write the words to it. I mean, it's straight from one of my favorite hymns.

I should go to class early or something...it's like I have this policy of not doing homework before my afternoon classes are done!

-Amber

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...er...uh...suuuure.

Amber

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger becconing amberlance said...

DUDE, you're like ONLINE, right now!

-becca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home