January 24, 2005

This has to be the weirdest morning ever.

My roommate, Jessica, cannot be bribed to wake up before noon on a Saturday. She's one of those extreme non-morning people. I am a morning person. So far, though, it works out fine - there's just rarely a day when I wake up that she's not fast asleep.

So, last night she went out to play Ultimate Frisbee. I was going to finish my study questions for my 8 am class but I was too tired so I set my alarm for 4 am and went to bed at 11. At 11:45, I was asleep when her cell phone rang. I woke up and turned on the light and sat there wondering what the sound had been. Then I found her purse and dug her cell phone out of it, and sure enough she had missed a call. Then I did something to her cell phone. I don't remember what. I just put it in a specific place or something. And I went back to bed.

I don't remember when Jessica came in, but apparently it was "around 12 or 1" and she stayed up till 2 for no particular reason. I stayed asleep through it all.

My alarm went off at 4. In my particular groggy state, for some reason I turned down the volume all the way instead of turning off the alarm, and I laid back down. I'm pretty sure I did it all in my sleep. But, as God tends to do when I do something stupid like that, he woke me back up and told me I was two minutes past my alarm. Automatically, I sat up and turned off the alarm even though it wasn't making any noise. Then I got up and took my stuff to the lounge, had two cups of tea, and finished my study questions at 5:45 am. I thought I might go back to the room and get my Spanish studying materials but I didn't want to wake Jessica up by turning on the light so I decided to just set my alarm for 6:30 and go back to bed.

As soon as I opened the door to our room, I heard her move and I mentally kicked myself for not being quieter, though I obviously couldn't help it. Then I heard her say "Hola!" I said "Hey." She said, "Want to know something weird that just happened?" I said, "Sure." and fell into bed. She proceeded to tell me about how her dad had accidently called her cell phone just then by rolling over on the call button in his sleep.

Then she told me about a dream she'd had in which I woke her up in the middle of the night because I wanted her to proofread my biography. That was horribly funny to me because I'd had a similar dream a week ago in which she woke me up in the middle of the night in order to ask me theological questions.

Every time one of us said "okay, back to sleep" Jessica would say something like "How many hours is it to fly to New York?" and "My hair looks like Medusa" or I would start laughing about the dream thing.

Our answering machine light blinks erratically and causes green light to be filtered all over the room, so as a custom we put a pillow or a stuffed animal over it at night so it doesn't keep us up. So, during one of these lulls in the conversation, the light was bugging me and I stood up and almost fell over. Jessica heard me and asked what I was doing, and i said the answering machine was bugging me. I felt all over to try and find a pillow in the dark, saying things like "I can't find the stupid pillow! Where is it! I can't find it!" until she said I should use one of her stuffed animals on the floor. So I grabbed one - an elephant - by its trunk and I couldn't tell if it was right side up or not, or what kind of animal it was or anything, so I just held it up and said "Is this right?" and it was upside down with its legs in the air and I was holding onto the trunk. So that was semi funny.

Then during another lull, Jessica mentioned how much fun Ultimate Frisbee was, and I said I don't like sports because they make me look stupid and I get too tired too fast and I hyperventilate when I run too much, and she said "Yeah, well aren't you hypoglycemic or something?" And I said "Yeah but I don't think it's related to hyperventilating, except that they both start with h...p...e... no, h...y....vowel, or is it hpy vowel? hyp, hype, hypo, hm." And Jess was laughing hysterically and I was completely groggy, and then I started saying "or hip! Hip-oglycemic! Hip-erventilating! What if it were like that! haha!" and then I just started laughing which caused me to wake up fully and type this on here.

That is the weird morning. I think just having a semi lucid conversation with Jessica before 6 am is really the weirdest part.

My vacation was great. I just feel kind of weirded out right now. Heehee.

-Amber

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

Ultimate Frisbee is fun, or would be if I didn't get worn out so quickly. There were a lot of hyper Frisbee players at my school :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home