August 27, 2005

Wow. I love game nights so much. We call them "game nights", and people usually do play games, but what I like most about them is the music. Last night we had (I think) four guitars, two basses, a piano, a cello, an irish whistle, and something that you blow into and it produces a slightly flatted bass A. I realized how much I missed becca, not having seen her for about four days. It was so fun. The great part about what we do is how we start singing songs and we lose track of time. Nobody knows whether we've been at it for an hour or four. We just sing and sing. I think it must have been around four hours that we sang and played music. The last two game nights, we've also had a "acapella rounds" time, where we get everyone divided into three or four groups and sing acapella rounds like "Freedom is coming" and "I Shall Arise". And other rounds like "All in All," "Hiding Place," and "Jesus my Lord". Ah. It was so fun.

Then I got a really bad nosebleed for no reason. I hate those so much. It makes me mad in the same way a migraine makes me mad - I had my own agenda for the day, and now I have to stop and take care of myself. Might be God's way of sometimes saying "Stop." I definitely constantly operate by a "plan it on paper, then do it" system.

Thanks, everybody who came to the game night. I'm leaving for school on Tuesday, and not looking forward to leaving everybody behind again. But, last night made me feel better about it. I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home