March 23, 2005

Today I made pancakes for the boys, babysat, and cleaned the old house. It was fun. I'll get paid! MONEY! MWAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHA! hahahaha. MOney. Money money money.

I don't love money, but sometimes when I am about to get some, it can make me very happy.

I got to babysit the boys last night, too, because my sister was sick. It was so fun! I miss them! I was dinking at the piano, and Aidan was coloring in the same room and every once in a while commenting. I was trying to figure out the chords of some song and doing very poorly, so whatever I was playing sounded pretty awful, and I didn't think Aidan was paying attention to my playing until he said "Having problems?" He's eight. It's just a funny thing for an eight year old to say to an eighteen year old playing piano. heehee.

Empty houses with uncarpeted flooring are the best to sing in. Even a person with a not-very-good voice can sound good in a place like that. Minor key songs are especially fun.

Every night there is hammering until 1 am, and I can only wear earplugs if I'm not waking up to an alarm. So far there has only been one night that I haven't had to wake up to an alarm.

My alarm clock while I'm home is my cell phone. Last night I thought, "It's 1 am and I have to wake up at 6. I want to wear earplugs so I can sleep, but then I'll sleep through my alarm. I know! I'll put my cell on vibrate and hold it so the vibration will wake me up."

So I put my cell phone on silent. Except, it wasn't on silent. I mean, I checked the setting and it was on "vibrate only" as usual, but it was beeping and stuff. This is unusual, by the way. Usually my cell phone works. When I say vibrate, it vibrates. When I say jump, it asks how high. When I say shut up, its mouth completely disappears.

So I ended up falling asleep to hammering, not earplugs.

In the morning I woke up to the alarm and hit snooze.

It went off again. I hit snooze again.

The next time it went off, it vibrated. Loud enough to wake me, but it vibrated! Finally, five hours after I had set it to vibrate, it vibrated.

Cell phones! Argh! Why don't they work! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

On a lighter note, I'm going to eat some yogurt.

Then take a nap.

Then memorize like ten more verses of Hebrews 10 and review what I know.

Or review those two.

Or, I might take a shower because holding a squirmy slobbering snotty baby all day does produce a negative effect. I'm one of those people, though, that will let a baby pull my hair, throw up, drool, or chew my elbow - as long as its happy. I like the little guys. Guess I'm a sucker.

-Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home