March 23, 2005

So, I found out why I got that insanely bad nosebleed on Sunday and why I also got one this morning ( and I never get nosebleeds). The herb feverfew, that's supposed to prevent migraines...I guess it can act as an anticoagulant. Which isn't bad, except that my blood doesn't really need an anticoagulant. I suppose this means I should either stop taking it (which is a shame - I haven't had a migraine in two weeks and it might be because of the herb!) or I should take vitamin K to offset the anticoagulant properties of it. But this could do just weird things to me. It's like taking a blood thinner and a blood thickener at the same time.

I'd kind of like to finish up the feverfew, just to see if it really does prevent migraines, and maybe I'll surreptitiously eat lots of dark green vegetables to trick my body into thinking I'm not really eating vitamin K.

But guess what?! I finished Hebrews 10! Now I can spend the rest of spring break reviewing like crazy, and I'll tackle 11 when I get back to school. I"m so glad. To me, 10 was the biggest hurdle. 11 will take a while because it's long, but I'm pretty familiar with it...and I'm also pretty familiar with 12...and also 13. So it should go fast! My goal: Hebrews by the end of the semester - that is, May 13.

I'm so excited at the thought of finishing. What will I do next? I like to target stuff I already partially know - the "easy stuff" - so I might do Jonah just for the heck of it, since I've already read it at least 100 times this semester for my class and have practically already memorized it. That may be my summer project, unless I'm unable to busy myself more than that so I have to add in a few Pauline epistles. I like saying Pauline epistles. When I say that, I mean the epistles written by Paul, not by Pauline. I don't think Pauline was considered the feminine version of the name Paul at the time that phrase was coined. If indeed it ever was coined...maybe I coined it.

And who coined the phrase "coining the phrase" anyway?

-Amber

1 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

Hmm, maybe "coining a phrase" has something to do with putting it on a coin? Who said "In God We Trust" before it appeared on our national currency? Just my two cents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home