December 22, 2004

Surprisingly, I think typing is going to be my best mode of communication since I can't really talk. Since I feel pretty good right now, I'll just tell about my morning.

I woke up at 3 and ate a cup a noodles,and two cups of raspberry tea. I went back to bed and dreamed a few weird dreams about going up a mountain in search of Uncle Ray's car, and he'd given me the key so I kept beeping the button to listen to the car beep and trying to follow the sound, and then these soldiers captured me.

I took a shower and we left. We picked up my medicine on the way there. We got there, Mom paid, I went back. Normal things happened. She hooked up the laughing gas and left. I started feeling weird. There was a little stuffed elf on the window sill and it looked like two and they were moving together, then away, then together again and I thought it was so funny because I didn't know if there was one or two! I thought it was funny too about the elves at the beginning of Series of Unfortunate Events and the whole Elfdom/Elfdumb thing. I resolved that when I woke up I would check and see if there was one elf or two.

Then the nurse came back in and every time she asked me to do something it took me forever. I felt like all the questions she asked me were outrageously stupid, like "do you feel heavy" and "how do you feel" and I just nodded to everything she said.

Then suddenly there were three people in the room and I kept trying not to close my eyes because I wanted to see what was happening, and a girl was holding my arm and saying "we're just going to strap down your arm so you don't turn over in the middle of surgery" and suddenly I just started laughing because it seemed really funny. She said "Oh, she thinks it's funny" like I was really cute or something. The next thing I knew, I saw someone putting a blue thing on a chair - I think it was the thing they just put over to catch extra blood or something. I thought it was a blanket and I got all mad at whoever took it away from me, and sat up and reached for it because I was freezing cold. Someone said something like "Oh no, we have a blanket for you over here, sweetie." and I was irritated at whoever was calling me "sweetie" and lying about a stupid blanket.

Then I woke up and I thought I was still waiting for the surgery to happen but it already had. There was the softest, warmest blue blanket on top of me and I was still so cold. I just kind of stared out the window dreamily until someone came and tried talking to me and I just nodded because I couldn't talk. Then she left.

Then I felt blood at the back of my throat and I started coughing, and I couldn't breathe and it seemed forever till someone walked by and noticed. I gagged for a long time. Then I was fine. I got to ride in a wheelchair! I went home. Now I'm really hungry but my left side isn't stopped bleeding yet. Oh well. I wish I felt more tired.

-Amber

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

I'm glad you came through fine, and I don't really feel sorry for you (maybe I should...); I'm actually kind of jealous that you can be so calm. I personally hate needles for no particular reason, but believing that there's no reason to hate them is not the same as actually accepting them. Enjoy your Christmas break.
God bless.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People DO seem really stupid when you're under that stuff. Last I was like that at the dentist, I had my eyes closed, the nurse came up and asked if I was asleep. I said, loudly, no, I was TRYING to sleep. Merry Christmas.

-Kenneth

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tap - Drugs can do wonderful things. That might be the reason I'm calm. This morning, I woke up at 10, wide awake. My mom gave me four pills and I took them. I was talking to my sister and I fell asleep mid-sentence. It's been three hours now and I just woke up. I still feel woooooozy. My mouth hurts. I'm hungry. I'm the only one home. I want to watch a movie. and I'm hungry!

Kenneth - that's a great story. Save it for posterity.

-Amber

 

Post a Comment

<< Home