December 14, 2004

Here's a bunch of reasons I'm having a good day!

1. All traces of my migraine are gone. It's so weird - the last one didn't fade away until like three days later, and I was starting to think I was only fooling myself - like, I had forgotten what it felt like to be normal so I thought maybe I was normal and I just didn't know? But then normality kicked in and suddenly I remember! And it's great! I'm normal again! It's like a fog has lifted from my brain, my eyes, my entire body. I am better!

2. My finals are going great! I feel sorry for everyone who's so tired from studying all the time, but I'm not! I thought this week would be superbly hard and it's not! I had one big test (Spanish) on Monday, and I have three papers due tomorrow. but! Against my procrastinating nature, I wrote one of the papers two weeks ago, one today, and I only have one more to write and it's the shortest of ALL of them! So I'm pretty much taken care of for tomorrow after that final paper. Thursday I have a project due but I've already done it! All I'll have to do is read my short story based on "The Telltale Heart" (ha, as if anyone could just go and mimic Poe's style and storyline. I don't claim it's good - I claim I did it and I deserve credit.) Thursday I also have a HUGE SCARY TEST but I'm not studying for it till Wednesday night because I'm studying with Ariel because she took better notes than me. And I have a big test on Friday but most of it is stuff done beforehand that you just check off...I have to memorize some stuff but it won't be too hard, and I already read all of Deuteronomy and the second half of Numbers, and I think there isn't much else to do for it!

3. I received in the mail a revised statement for Spring semester. I already paid tuition and board, but it said I owed an extra 130 dollars since I was going to be in a single room this semester. I explained that no, I was not planning on having a single room, and the RD tells me every time I see her that I'm on the top of a list for getting a roommate (since, poor me, my roommate never showed up for this fall semester.) So they changed it. But you know, I was still kind of worried about getting a completely new roommate. I mean, I tend to either get along with people or not get along with them. There's no in between. Usually if I start out not liking someone very much, I end up liking them. And if I start out with a great relationship with someone, I end up not liking them. Odd that it works that way.

So anyway, I was mentally reviewing all my faults in my head - envy, pride...well, I keep thinking, but those seem the most obvious at the moment. So, envy and pride. And I kept imagining the different ways God might have for me to learn the lessons of, well, not coveting and humility. I was just waiting for him to put someone in my room that I hated, just so I would learn to deal with people like that. I was just waiting for God to teach me a lesson, and frankly, I was scared.

Next door to me live Jessica and Tiffany. Tiffany's leaving next semester, meaning that Jessica needs to get a roommate to avoid paying the extra 130 dollars for a single room. She had offers from girls in other dorm sections to move in with them, but she didn't want to leave our dorm section. She spent the night in my room last night (we ate vanilla ice cream and string cheese and 2 am and stuck Q tips up our noses like he does in Better Off Dead. I haven't stayed up that late and done stupid things for...months and months, it seems. Wow. It reminded me of better times.) and she suddenly had an idea that she and I could just be roommates! And it's a PERFECT idea! I mean, she already spends so much time in my room, and I just love her. We talked to the RD and RA today and they were like "Uh, yeah, we were going to tell you guys that you should be roommates but we didn't want to make it sound like we were forcing it on you." Whatever. I'm so happy!

And to think that I expected God to test me. Like, if I'm afraid of getting a mean roommate, God will give me a mean roommate just to "show me." Just to teach me a lesson. Ha! You know, there are a lot of girls I get along with nicely at the school, but if I were to pick one girl in the whole school currently to be my roommate it would be Jessica, just because I already know her so well!

Hm, a bunch of girls just screamed loudly right below my window. My window's open. Ouch. Poor window.

I wonder if becca's feeling better. Becca, are you feeling better? I wonder if she'll call me right at 9 since that's when both our free minutes start. I should call her, actually. Or if she works in the morning she's probably already gone to bed.

I would just like to say here that I really love becca. She's like a best friend, except better. She's promised to sit with me right after I get my wisdom teeth pulled (this will be the most miserable Christmas break ever!) and record any weird things I say from my drug-induced state of mind, because I told her that as long as somebody's laughing it'll be worth it. What a friend.

-Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home