December 11, 2004

Hm, becca erased her last post. She's an odd one.

I'm so excited! Today is December 11 - in six days I get to go home for two weeks! Of course, I'll be getting my wisdom teeth pulled, which will extract some of the joy of being home on break.

I had a dream last night that I was home, and everything was perfect - friends, family, my own bed, etc. I was contemplating how happy I was, and then I thought "hey! There's something that makes this break different from the others! Not only is it way longer and including Christmas, but I have no homework." I mean, on my other breaks I usually brought back a book so I could get an assignment done or study in my spare time. But this time I won't even have to debate which books to bring home. I'll bring all of them home, and I won't bring any of them back to school! Unless, of course, my roommate (ha, I'm getting a roommate next semester!) wants to borrow some of them instead of paying.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to when coming home is caroling with becca and her family, and random friends from church and elsewhere - caroling in the same neighborhood we always carol in, and nearly freezing to death. There's the house that always puts up Veggie Tales decorations and we sing the Veggie Tales theme song to that house (I actually babysat there years and years ago). We ought to sing the "Could that be Santa" song instead, I just had the thought. Since it's Veggie Tales and Christmas.

There's the house of Spanish speakers where we always attempt to sing "Feliz Navidad," but people tend to get stuck on the "Prospero año y felicidad."

Then there's the house where that elderly lady once said "Oh! Carolers! We were just taking some hot cookies out of the oven! Would you like some hot cookies?" It was perfect.

And somewhere along the way, Mrs. M talks about how she refuses to sing a certain song because it has the word "gay apparel" in it, and then we'll all join in with our non favorite Christmas songs. I think I have them all memorized: Mrs M hates "Deck the Halls" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem" (I think), Josh hates "The First Noel," I hate "Chesnuts Roasting" and "Go Tell it on the Mountain." What songs do you hate, becca? Do you hate any? Hm...

And then there's "While Shepherds Watched," which Mrs. M taught us the first Christmas they came. She was driving us to Hispanic church or something and she was like "Now girls, stop talking - I'm going to teach you a song." And we sang it over and over and over the whole fifteen minute ride there, and we never forgot it. Though the hymnbook says the first line of the song is "While by the sheep we watched at night," Mrs. M insists the hymnbook is (and I quote) "wrong," and it's actually "While shepherds watched their flocks by night."

Then we get sick of singing the same songs over and over.

Then we'll go back to the M's house and we'll drink hot chocolate and play a game (Balderdash, we did one year) and watch a movie (who knows what. Maybe Better Off Dead since that's the best movie ever and not a lot of people have seen it, but those who have love it without fail.)

I love it. I can even predict the night's happenings. Becca will lose her voice and complain about how she can't sing. Mrs. M finds completely random things to complain about, but it's really only cute when she does it. Kaitie will quote from movies. Matt and Melody will be cute together and we'll talk about what flirts they are and how they're going to get married someday.

Ah.

I just hope that my teeth getting pulled won't ruin it for me. If it does, I can just go back to the other times we've done it, when it was perfect. And if it's not perfect this year, it will be next year.

I can't wait!!!

I have a big Spanish final on Monday, no finals on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, two on Thursday, and one on Friday. Most of them aren't exceptional though. I mean, some of them are just big long papers I have to write and I wish we'd known a little earlier we'd have to write them. Some of them are short, relatively easy papers. One is presenting special projects and I've already done mine. Two are real, true, hard tests that I really really need to study for. One can be passed pretty easily as long as I do a lot of prep work. I think I'll be fine as long as I can stay migraine free this week.

Kaitie, becca and I are going to see the Spongebob movie when I get back. Yay!

I really would just like this week to be over so I can go home!

-Amber


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home