April 04, 2006

Hi! I'm eating Italian Foccacia bread right now. I've had it once before. I just went to Safeway and picked some up there. Why was I at Safeway? I was bored!

Let me start at the beginning. Last night my train came in and I got back to the dorms around 10 or so. I quickly discovered that the "i" key on my keyboard is sticky now, so I constantly have to backspace and since I hate backspacing on blogger because of the lag (I really should just type in notepad and paste here), I eventually might not backspace anymore. So, if you get a sentence that says "Yesterday went to the store and t was really annoyng because ddn't have any money", fll in the 's.

This morning I slept in till 9:00. I showered and got ready for the day, which was absolutely sunny and beautiful. I read for American Literature and went to lunch. Lunch was really good. I mean, I was REALLY hungry. I'd told myself I'd go to lunch at 12, because I wanted to get as much reading done as possible before then. So I was super hungry, which caused me to love lunch and eat a lot very quickly, which is my favorite way to eat. I felt very content after that and ready for all two of my classes today.

My first class was only 1/2 hour long.

My second class was canceled.

It's so sunny out today, I really wanted to go for a hike. So, I asked everybody I could find and made a bunch of phone calls. But nobody was available! So, finally, I walked to Subway to pick up my check and walked to Safeway to pick up bagels and milk. It was fun talking to my coworker Karen, whom i love dearly but never get to see because I don't work weekdays during the day and she doesn't work weekends at all. Sarah quit, and I'm really sad about that because she and I were having some really good conversations and I felt like I was getting to know her better.

This morning I called work to find out what time I work tomorrow (ugh! Of all the keys to get stuck, why dd it have to be a VOWEL?) and my boss answered. Well, it's kind of confusing. I don't really know who my boss is. I have a manager, Aaron, aka assistant manager or something like that. Then I have a manager, Heather, who is my real boss, and the real manager, or the head manager, or somethng like that. Then there's the store owner, Todd, who I met once but couldn't pick him out in a crowd. Technically I am in his employment, but most people who work there never even see him.

So, today I called, like I was saying, and Todd answered: "Subway, this is Todd". I said, "Hi Todd, this is Amber Mull, I'm one of your employees." He was like, "Oh, hi." I asked him, but the schedule wasn't up yet. I hope I didn't offend him. I didn't even think about it till afterward, but I didn't think he'd know who I was.

I almost didn't really put my last name up in the last paragraph. I always hesitate before putting t up online, but I think it's up plenty of other places. Yeah, people could find me, but I pretty much don't communicate with hardly anyone over the internet at all anymore - I mean, people I've met online. There's a few, but I hardly even get on msn messenger at all anymore. Anyway (I keep getting sidetracked!) I almost said "amber mooo" instead, but I thought that might be distracting and confusing. Wouldn't it be funny if that were my last name? Amber Mooo.

I bought Italian Focaccia bread at Safeway. I assume it's pronounced "foh-KAY-shee-yuh" but who knows, it might be "foh-kuh-SEE-yuh" or "foh-KAK-ee-yuh" or, at the suggestion of my roommate "foh-kah-CHEE-yah". Becca, which one is it?

I'm going to get ready for Bible study. And eat more focaccia bread. Is focaccia a kind of bread? Is it redundant to say "focaccia bread"? I'm go ing to have some more focaccia.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger becca said...

I could be wrong, but I think that it's foe-kah-shah.

p.s. focaccia is derived from the latin root for "of the hearth," so I guess it is a little redundant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home