March 28, 2006

wow, it's spring.

ha.

I am so looking forward to warm weather, you have no idea. I want to be able to run around in shorts, go play outside in my free time, and go to the beach, and stay up late looking at the stars, and all those things that are so much better when it's warm out. Watch Cicadas molt and pick their dry skins off and throw them at people. Catch fireflies! Hum, I guess we don't have those out here, but since I'm dreaming. Try and fit a bunch of people on a hammock, jump on trampolines and lay down on them while they're warm from the sun. Swim. Build sandcastles.


Siiigh...every summer sounds so good right about now.

I'm good though. I'm happy.

What should I blog about today? hmm. There's only 10 more posts (including this one) until this blog is full. I think, anyway, that amber said 300 is the max. So I guess that'll be it. This will just be a grave. a dream has died here, softly go from this place...

ha. I don't know why that song came to mind. Actually, I think it was actually a Dorothy Parker poem first. But, no, I bet amber will archive all the posts and just restart this one or something.

I'm reading two books right now, "The Unfolding Drama of Redemption" by W. Graham Scroggie, D.D (ha, funny, I was just reading this other book I'm about to mention, and last night I read in it that D.D. meant Docter of Divinity), and "What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew" by Daniel Pool. The latter was originally only bought for the title, because at Christmas Amber got me all these books that had "Jane Austen" in the title ("The Jane Austen CookBook," "Tea with Jane Austen," "Jane Austen's Guide to Dating," etc.), simply to have this silly collection of Jane Austen books. But this one has been the most interesting. It's really just 19th century history, and it makes a lot of the stuff I've picked up from reading a Jane Austen, Emily Bronte, or Charles Dickens novel make more sense.
And history has always been an interesting subject to me anyway. It's so interesting to see how economy has changed and why, what social and everyday life was like then compared to now, the different eras.

Wow, I don't have much else to say. I think I'm going to go running though. I think I've run almost every day for a week now. It gets way more enjoyable after a week or so of doing it every day, because now I'm getting used to it again and stronger and so I can go for longer without stopping, which makes it better. I don't feel as sick afterward. But it definitely takes pushing myself to do it when I totally do not feel like it at all. Like right now, because I don't really feel that much like running. I think I'm only writing this to convince myself to go. Okay, I will.

-becca

3 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger tyrone said...

Good news: you can only fill up on pictures. (link to details)

Hm, I guess I should sleep since I'm supposed to be at work early tomorrow.  Not that early is really that early.  It'll be nice when this weekend is over.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

I look forward to warm weather.
I don't look forward to bugs.

(and speaking of bugs my word verification word was "waspqml" I don't like wasps.)

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh.... Jane Austen. I've been to Bath and have seen two of her places of residence. Can I borrow your history book? I have a great one that you can look at also if you would like. My parents brought it back from England for me. It is fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home