March 22, 2006

hey.

I haven't posted in a while.

ha, glad you liked the package amber. And I'm glad that you didn't go into shock from all that girlyness...even though that was kind of the idea.

I was going to call you yesterday.

But I didn't.

I don't really know what to write about though, I just thought I should.

Hmmmmmm.

This morning I read 1st and 2nd Timothy. I really like this epistle. I think because of the encouragement and perspective it gives me for evangelical work and doing what I've been called to do. One verse inparticular keeps ringing in my ear this morning:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

I've thought a lot about what school I should go to; what I want to learn, how I want to learn it, the goals I want to accomplish in my life. I mean, there are things I've always, always, always wanted for sure: To be married, to have kids, to do the ministry that God wants me to do. That's pretty much all I want in life. What ministry, what husband, how many kids - that's all in God's hands. He'll work out the details. Ha, I'm so glad he cares about me, even about the desires I have. I love that I have dreams, that I want to do what God wants but that there are so many possibilities to think about and strive for in a prayerful way, and that I can see more and more of those becoming realities as life goes on, as God teaches me and prepares me for wherever he wants me to go and whatever he wants me to do. And I know in all of that I'll be blessed and be able to bless others in ways I can't even guess.
But what about school? Every one makes school out to be so important. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I know there's a lot I don't know that I can learn. But, I also know that I don't need to go to school to spread God's love and to lead other's to Christ. Can't I learn all of that from pouring over the Bible? It says that not only is Scripture useful for teaching, learning, and training a godly person to do good work, it says that that person can be fully equipped for every good work. And good work is the only kind of work I want to do.
Just thinking. It doesn't mean I won't end up going to school. There are a lot of good reasons for going to school, and there's a lot I want to learn that I don't feel like I could necessarily learn on my own, because I don't feel like I know that much at all. I can learn a lot from other people, there's no reason to go into something without getting all the training I can. I just want to learn what is true and what's really important. I don't need a degree or to just learn opinions. And I'm in no hurry, except that if I did go, I think I'd just want to get it done with so I can move on to other things, but it's just as much a part of life as everything that follows, and the minstries I'm involved in now and then won't be of any less importance than what they are later on.

In the end, I know I don't need to go to school or accomplish any great feat in my lifetime. I don't expect to gain much as far as prosperity in this world goes. What's the point? "For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it." (1 Timothy 6:7). I hope if I am blessed with those things that I'll be generous enough to pass it along to others.
I guess what it really comes down to is that I've kept the faith. I'm going to do my best to fight "the good fight" and finish "the race,"(2 Timothy 4:7) but God doesn't ask for perfection. I just want to serve him now and always.


Well well weeell. I think I'm going to go for a run and get some stuff done before work. I thought I was in a sillier mood. Ooooh well.

BYE!

-becca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home