March 01, 2006

I know! our poor little blog. I've had so much free time, I keep thinking I should write something, but I don't really know what to say. I've been reading a lot, just going to the library and picking out a few books and reading them for fun, which is something I've always wanted to do, since we have such a nice library.

I've just been doing bits of homework, keeping my room clean, talking to people, and reading. Oh, and attending class and working, too, but for some reason those don't seem like the important things. It's a nice life. It's kind of sad, though, because every time I see my friends I'm like "Hey, let's hang out tonight! Let's go somewhere! Let's go on a hike or to a movie!" and they're all like "no, we have homework, but we're going to go stay out till 2 am and do homework at a coffee shop if you want to come with us."

Can I just say, I've always wanted to do that - to have a night where I really have to get something done, and stay up really really late with friends at a coffee shop. The thing is, I consider midnight "late" and I stay up till 2 am only a few times every year. I know what would happen if I go out with friends to do homework. I'll spend an insane amount of money on coffee, make very little progress because I'm hanging out with friends, get caffeinated and hit a hyper high, get tired and hit a grumpy low, and sulk/nap until they're ready to go home. Miserable for everybody.

It's an experience they all share, but alas and alack! I have not the amount of homework they do. It's ironic that my lack of homework keeps me from socializing as much as I want to.

My roommate's going to bed now so I think I will too. I was going to try and be in bed before her, so she'd have to turn out the lights, but I'm too late now; darn. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home