January 13, 2006

I worked today. It was only five hours, but after a morning and afternoon full of classes, it was stressful. Mainly because for three hours I had nonstop customers by myself. By "nonstop" I mean, I didn't even have thirty seconds to go into the back and prepare anything. We ended up running out of white, italian herb and cheese, and parmesan oregano bread. All we had to offer were wheat and honey oat. We also ran out of steak.

People were pretty nice about it, though, especially since they had to wait an average of 15 minutes to get their sandwiches. I was so exhausted, though. And I knew there was no way I'd be done with everything I was supposed to be done with by 8, but I didn't care - I started feeling really sick again and when Colin came, I told him I was leaving at 8, and if anyone had a problem with it I would come in early tomorrow and help with stuff.

I made a lot of tips, though! Seven whole dollars. Wow, that's like making an extra dollar per hour!

Colin is the person I least like to work with. I told him about how busy things had been and he was like "Well, lots of times when I work, it's even busier than that. And I'm by myself!" I didn't point out that I was by myself as well, and therefore he had no idea how busy I had been. I complained under my breath, something like "Ow, my back." I haven't worked for a month, so of course it takes some getting used to, all this standing and bending and constantly moving. He said, "where does your back hurt?" I said, "lower." He said, "Well, that's difficult to fix. If I were you, first I'd try going home and taking a hot shower. Then take some Tylenol, and lie down in this position, and try to stretch..." I tuned him out. He's so irritating. I didn't ask him to fix my back, I didn't even tell him it hurt. Blah. And he kept saying, "Well, I've worked when it's busier." He's such a moron. I wanted to hurt him.

Okay, I'm done now.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

Colin sounds like me. I can see myself saying those kinds of things. He probably doesn't mean to irritate you.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Amber said...

You have a point.

The main reason I don't like him is that he doesn't do his job right, despite everyone complaining to him and to my boss about him. It's annoying to have to work after him, because he leaves such a mess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home