January 08, 2006

Ah...

it's 2 am. I couldn't sleep, so I came downstairs for a sip of water. On my way, I happened to see the computer, which called to me. "Turn me on! Turn me on!" So I did.

I automatically got signed into MSN messenger, a feature I sometimes loathe (because if I was just logging on to check email, I don't notice that messenger is open, and I come back to people saying things like "hi! Are you there? ...fine, ignore me."

And I noticed that my dear cousin, Candice, was on! Candice, for those of you who don't know, is a missionary kid in the Philippines. We're rarely online at the same time, because we live at opposite ends of the earth. But of course, since it's 2 am my time, it's 6 pm her time.

So we're just chatting. It's fun. We have the kind of friendship where we probably wouldn't be friends unless we were related, because we're so different. I only see her like once every three years, but every time she steps off the plane and I hug her, we both cry, and we're pretty much inseparable from that point on. It's kind of like having a dog that you can forget about for a few years, and you don't feed it or spend time with it or anything, and then you're like "alright, it's time" and you suddenly be nice to it, and suddenly the dog is your best friend, forgetting that you've neglected it for years. Not that Candice is similar to a dog at all, or that I am. Uh.

Or a plant that bears beautiful flowers, but you don't water it for years, so it dies, but as soon as you water it it immediately perks up and blooms.

Well, good morning.

Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home