January 13, 2006

Hi amber! Sorry you're sick. I have a runny nose, if it's any consolation. But I think it's just because I was out in the cold and now I'm inside...in the warm...by a gas stove heater thing thats hot. Because it's on. Hopefully my sweater isn't acryllic so it won't set on fire. Does that actually happen? I remember my mom telling me once not to sit too near the furnace because my sweater would melt. Sounds like an old wives' tale. But, you know, my mom is a wife and...she's a little old anyway.

I carpooled today. I wish I carpooled more. It lets me avoid two things I don't really like: traffic and paying for gas. I'm thinking about taking the bus to work, if I can figure it out and if it's cheaper. I think it would be. Less wear and tear on my car, and it has to be cheaper than all the money I spend on gas.

Earlier I took Matt to get his hair cut. It's sort of funny when I take him anywhere, because people just assume that I'm he's my son, and I'm just a really young mom. I think the oldest I could pass for is like 20 - maybe 22 if I'm dressed professionally, but that doesn't really happen. That would mean I had him when I was...9 or 10...12 at the max. I don't think that's possible. They must assume I'm older than I look too. I guess I was kind of dressed nice today. Well, not really. But I am wearing a skirt.

I like wearing skirts. I always have. There was a period of my life where I didn't, because I knew that it meant that I wasn't allowed to run around and climb trees and play with the boys. I think now I've found a pretty decent balance between my tomboy and girly self. You know, like, yeah care about how you look but don't worry about "messing it up." Looks aren't everything. And you can look good even if you don't have the "I just left the mirror" look. Whatever that look is, I'm not sure. Something prettier than I ever have though. I guess. haha. I don't even know what I'm talking about. But, really, it is nice to just sit around in a skirt, or do dishes in a skirt or anything around the house in a skirt. If I'm going outside, I like to wear pants or something, but around the house-just-hanging-out-days are good skirt days. You should try it sometime. It's way more satisfying to twirl in too.

I guess that's all I have to say. Booooooooooring.

-becca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home