January 05, 2006

Amber's Future Dream House, Episode 2

I don't think I'll have enough space for both a reading room and a music room. I don't even know if I'd want to have a music room, because I probably want to host music nights at my house, and to do that there needs to be a communal piano in the big room. Maybe I'll be rich and have two pianos.

So, maybe becca will have to have one and I'll have the other, or I'll have the other and becca will have the one. Wait, I just said the same thing twice. I guess I should have just said "vice versa". Or "Visa versa" like some people say, but that looks like I'm talking about a piece of poetry written about a credit card. Anyway, I know becca wants to have a music room, so maybe I'll use her music room and I'll let her use my reading room. Or maybe she'll have both.

Maybe I'll have a mansion!

You know, maybe I just won't get married. I'll be one of those rich old aunt types. I'll always have the neighborhood kids over for "story hour", when I read out loud to them from some classic book that every kid should read but most kids have never heard of. Then will be "tea time", when we all have a nice cup of tea. Then will be "music" time, where we all learn songs and sing them around the piano. Everybody will love me, and I'll have some kind of great job that gives me time to spend with all these kids, lots of money, and doesn't require me to go anywhere. And becca's kids will be the ones who come over the most, since they'll live right next door. And when they get a little older, they'll try to set me up with every single man that comes along, and I'll just shake my head and smile, because I'll be so much older than him by then.

So, in my mansion, the basement will be one big reading room, like I described in an earlier post. But I'll also have a music room. There will be a bookshelf with every sort of sheet music to every kind of musical ever, and every classic composer, and stuff like that. There will be a really nice piano. It must be a room with a view out of a pretty window. I'll have some solemn, elegant photographs on the walls, like pictures of somebody's great great grandparents that are black and white. It'll be great.

Hm. Maybe not. I don't know about this "mansion" thing; it would be nice for some things, but a normal sized house would be cozier, and less to clean.

Never mind. I don't want a music room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home