December 27, 2005

I guess it's time for me to update everyone who reads this on my past week.

This feels sort of forced though. I don't really feel like I'm in much of a writing mood. I'm just blogging for the sake of blogging I guess. So, I don't imagine this will be very long (of course whenever I say that it ends up being long anyway). I need to finish cleaning my room too.

Hmm. I want to think of all the silly little things that I loved about this past week that no one would actually expect me to write about or remember or care that much about, or maybe even notice. But I firmly believe in little things making me feel good or sad or happy or whatever, and them being mentioned. They count just as much as the big things. Things like going and picking out a Christmas tree with Amber. That was a lot of fun, we were laughing the entire time, and it looked so pretty when we were done. It smells so good and it was so nice to sit in the dark and drink hot apple cider and look at it.

It was so nice spending time with my brother, Kit, in seattle with his friends, even though I was tired and they were just talking a lot about people I didn't really know and my feet got really wet because I was wearing flipflops and walking around capitol hill in the rain.

I loved all the hugs and the kisses and the on the couch-snuggling-up-in-blankets time with various people.

I loved randomly playing my few sad songs for people and my mom was crying. That was a triumph. Writing something that made someone cry. Even if it was my mom. She's a person too, come on.

I loved doing spontaneous stuff with amber and anyone else who wanted to join in.

I loved going to Debbi's house and holding Caleb and teaching the boys Cuckoburro and seeing joe and patricia and kurt and everyone and looking at old quizzing pictures and just talking and having fun like we used to every single thursday night. good times.

I loved having the weekend off, I loved playing music with Kit on Christmas eve, I loved staying up all night with Kaitie, laughing our heads off and making a 5 page christmas card book full of silly puzzles with cheesy paternally oriented answers for my dad.

I loved staying up until 2:30 Christmas night watching a Muppets Christmas Carol with Jeremy and being silly with him all weekend, collecting weird glances and comments from everyone else, and not caring at all. And laughing a lot.

And I loved seeing my beautiful niece, Cadence. I hadn't seen her in about a month. I didn't really get to hold her that much, but it's always kind of hard when 7 people are trying to give her all their attention. Later I got to hold her long enough to sing "Feed the Birds" through, but then Kristen came to pick her up. Ah well. I love babies and I love singing to them.

Last night, Amber and I both vowed to never play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit ever again. such geeks.

-becca

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Kaits said...

w0rd!


This was a great week. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home