December 20, 2005

Hi! Here I am at becca's house, maybe until Saturday. She's at work at the moment. That's okay, because as soon as she left, I played some Phantom until Kaitie left. Then I played a little more, then I read Kaitie's Far Side book. That was fun, but I started to feel sleepy, so i laid down on the couch. Pieces from the Far Side comics I had just read entered my dreams. I vaguely remember my leg falling asleep very painfully. I woke up just after an incident where I was playing a text based adventure game on rinkworks (yes, I do that sometimes in my spare time...ahem.) and I was at a gas station where a lady was waiting in a car. I went and talked to her and it turned out she was a criminal and I had to get her name, ID number, driver's license number, and some other things that didn't even make sense. But she drove away before I could.

I went into the gas station and brought some stuff from a nice looking lady, then I went out but something nagged me that I had to go back into the gas station and do something I'd forgotten. I went in, and wandered around, but that gas station was so huge! I concluded it was part of a mall, since gas stations usually didn't sell brand name clothing.

Then I woke up and decided to sleep in becca's room but I was too awake by then. I was cold, and I vaguely remembered her laptop being warm when I removed it from her bed. So I picked it up and opened it. Fwapp. The lid opened easily - too easily - and flopped down on the bed in a way a laptop should not. I then remembered becca explaining to me about her broken laptop. Indeed it was. Also, the internet cord keeps coming out. It's like it doesn't fit the socket right.

Becca's coming back in...1 hour! I was so excited to see her when I got here, even if for only twenty minutes before she had to work. But now I'm so excited to see her again. We're going to have so much fun and make up for this awful semester away from each other. Haha! I'm going to worship team practice tonight. I miss everybody, including the layout of May Valley. It's amazing how just a building can invoke many memories in a person, like me. Sigh.

And then I don't know what we'll do after that - stay late at the church, maybe, or come back early and hang out, playing games and eating coffee and watching movies and joking around or something like that. I love becca. I love coming to her house and seeing her and Kaitie and hanging out! I am so happy that it is Christmas break.

I got a B- in my math class, do to my cranking out an 8 page paper in an hour at midnight during finals week, and also due to several house of help with extra credit problems from the math whiz in the class. Wow. I hadn't even expected to pass with a D after failing three of four exams! By "failing", by the way, I mean, F. I used to think "failing" meant "non-A". Nope.

Now, if only the two remaining teachers would get my grades in, I would know whether I've raised or lowered my GPA from what it was last semester.

It's raining outside. I'm pleasantly non sleepy, but I could gladly go for some coffee and dinner. I should check and see if i remembered to bring my debit card...yes!

Did I tell you all that my stupid Old Boss sent me my check? He did! And it was for more than I thought it would be! This is how our last conversation went.

Me: "Hi, this is Amber."
Him: "Hi. How are you?"
Me: "I want my check."
Him: "Oh....well, I have it."
Me: "Good, now will you mail it to me, like you said you would for the last four months?"
Him: "Uh...you know, I'm sick right now and the medicine it makes me sleep. You call back tomorrow okay Amber?"
Me: "Fine."

Next day:

Me: "Hi, this is Amber."
Him: "Okay, hi Amber, how are you?"
Me: "I want my check."
Him: "Well, I'm really busy. Come pick it up from the store."
Me: "No. I live in Portland now, remember? You have to mail it to me. Do you have my address?"
Him: "Yeah, but I'm really really busy! If you can't pick it up, can't you tell someone to pick it up for you?"
Me: "No. I want you to mail me my check like you said you would for the last four months."
Him: "But I'm really busy. I can't do it."
Me: "If you don't, there will be trouble."
Him: "Fine, I'll mail it tomorrow."
Me: "You've been saying that for the last four months. If you don't mail that check tomorrow, there will be big trouble."
He hung up on me.

I didn't think he would send it. I started filling out a form Dad gave me so I could turn him in to the Washington State Labor Board. Things got busy for me, and I hadn't finished filling it out, when Dad called me and told me my check had come! I thought it would only be for like 100 dollars or so, but it was for 339! Just in time for christmas. It was so great. My dad says I should report him to Subway Headquarters for all the other ways he broke the law, but I don't want to have anything to do with this guy ever again. I want to erase every phone number and piece of information I have regarding that man.

Now, I'm done.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

yay moneys! Too bad you don't want anything more to do with the guy, because I bet I could send my mom over to hulk smash him for you. XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home