December 14, 2005

I would like the world to know that this is the 242nd post on this blog, and that December 6 was the one year anniversary of becconing amberlance.

I am extremely happy. I just finished my school year! I had an oral exam for Advanced Writing, where I was interviewed and asked questions about my paper, my sources, and my thoughts on different issues of demonology (which was the topic of my paper). The interview, she told us beforehand, will test your knowledge of the subject. If the interview only goes for twenty minutes, you'll know that you have not done favorably. But if the interview lasts for 45 minutes to two hours, you'll know that you've done well. Mine lasted for an hour, and she told me I passed. That's amazing, considering I only used half of 12 required sources for the paper, plus I didn't meet with tutors for the 3 required times. Anyway, I'm extremely happy about this. I also think I may have passed my math class because I whipped out a paper for it last night at midnight, did a whole bunch of extra credit this morning, and even studied for the final I took today!

Let me tell you about my Advanced Writing teacher. Everyone has an opinion about her. She can be very intimidating, though she can't weigh more than I do. There's a lot to say about her, but here's a conversation we had just as I was leaving.

She: "You're skinny."
Me, looking down at myself incredibly. "Oh my gosh, you're RIGHT!"
She starts laughing. "I'm going to do that next time someone says that to me."
Later:
She: "I can't believe you were so quiet all semester. You have so much to say. I'm gonna get you for that. Do you I have you next semester?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm taking American Lit."
She: "I'll get you back then. Have a good Christmas!"

I'm looking forward to American Lit.

I'm also looking forward to a Christmas party tonight, the last time for a long time that I will see all my church friends, since I have officially left the church. This past Sunday was my last. okay, bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home