August 09, 2005

Amber is STILL in bed! I think everyday I've spent here, I've woken up before her. But, it's okay today, because it's her day off, and she has all day to do what she wants.

Tomorrow is my day off. woo.

I'm hungry. I didn't have dinner last night, and now I've been awake for a couple of hours. I'm going to go eat something.

So, the other day, I was playing hymns on the piano, and amber was sitting here, and we started talking about recording music and writing songs...so while she was playing with new music programs on her computer, I wrote another phantom parody. Ha. I can't believe I was actually putting time and thought into this. It didn't take that long though, so I guess I can justify it. It's easier when you already have a tune and words to go off of - you already have a rhyming scheme to follow and everything. Easy.


The Sandwich Of The Opera

Christine:
At noon he came to me,
my stomach growled
The meat which calls to me
put there by Raoul
And do I eat again? For if I munch,
The Sandwich of the opera is there
inside my lunch.

Sandwich:
Eat once again of me,
Our strange di-et
My low fat content count
grows lower yet
And though you close your mouth
just to spite
the Sandwich of the opera is there
so take a bite

Christine:
Those who have tasted you
draw back in haste
their money they soon waste

Sandwich:
it's me they taste

Together:
Your olives and your cheese (My olives and my cheese)
Falling south
The Sandwich of the opera is there
inside my mouth (Inside your mouth)

Christine:
He's there, the sandwich of the opera
Beware, the sandwich of the opera

Sandwich:
In all of your lunch breaks,
you always knew
that subway sandwiches
are best for you

Together:
And in this storefront
where time goes on
the Sandwich of the opera is here
but will soon be gone


Sing, My Angel Of Deli!


3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

These lyrics are so funny. You should record it! (I can't imagine how the song sounds because I'm not familiar with the Phantom of the Opera music.)

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Kaits said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's great!
We should do my version of past the pint of no return:

Past the point of no return.
The final receipt.
I made it once and
I won't make it again. :grin:

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

Wow, that's refreshing to see somebody besides me or Cory make a parody of something. Nicely done. XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home