August 01, 2005

Are you hot for God? http://datetosave.com/

Also, the most unique online dating service I've ever seen: http://www.flirttoconvert.com/

I could have a lot to say about this kind of thing, and angry, flabbergasted opinions have been running through my head ever since I checked out the ideas behind those sites. However, I won't share them with you because I'm guessing you probably have the same opinion of these things as I do. If there's anyone who sees this and thinks it's a good idea, leave me a comment and I will share my GRRR HOW COULD ANYONE BE THIS STUPID! HOW DECEPTIVE AND NON CHRISTIAN THIS IS! I WISH THIS WERE A JOKE!

ahem, sorry.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger tyrone said...

Technically, it is a joke, though in significantly poor taste in my opinion. Here's a discussion in their forum that reveals both the fallacy, and apparently some of the unfortunate consequences. 

What saddens me more about the above thread, assuming its author's veracity, is that there are churches where such an erroneous idea could become a youth group movement.  That would seem to indicate larger problems more serious than a satirical web site.  And some other sites are at least as (if not more) irksome, since they're (presumably) based on something resembling truth or good intentions, but are decidedly... not so good. (I've come across that place linked many times as an object of derision)

Reguardless, I'm at least slightly comforted by the fact that such sites tend to have detractors readily findable online. And hopefully their existence helps to spur useful conversations now and then.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*jaw drop* wha..?!

That is sick.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

Missionary Dating didn't work for me as anyone can see by watching the "How not to witness" DVD. XD

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Kaits said...

Double XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home