August 05, 2005

For the next ten days, I have a 4,008 square foot house to myself.

Actually, since becca's staying with me, I should say that becca and I have a 4,008 square foot house to ourselves.

Somebody mentioned that it'll be good for us to live together for a few days just to see if we'd get along if we ever get an apartment together or something.

However, considering that the house is, once again, 4,008 square feet, I don't think it's really any comparison to an apartment.

It's pathetic, but we plan out the time we spend together. We hung out this morning, then she left for two hours, and came back and we hung out for an hour. Tonight when she gets off work, we're watching a movie. Tomorrow morning, we will hang out in the morning until 12 when she works, and then from 3 to 5 when I work, and then from 9:30 onward when I get off. We were kind of bummed that we didn't work at the same time (so we could have more time together) but at least this way, she can drive me to work!

We also typed "becca" into ebay to see what would show up. It was all bikinis and makeup. When we typed "amber" into ebay, it was all jewelry and beer. Four things related to our names, and each of them is so unlike us! haha.

I have polished up my Subway tutorial to make it fit for coworker consumption.

http://www.ladybugsnameisnotpaige.com/subway.html

(insert break of half an hour)

Woah, a weird thing just happened. See, about an hour ago, when becca was driving here, she noticed that all the garbage cans were in the street. Standing upright. It was odd. We have two garbage cans, and one had been pulled out three feet from the sidewalk (as had the neighbor's across the street), and the other had been left on the sidewalk. We decided it was some kind of prank.

Then I happened to look out fifteen minutes ago and noticed strange piles of fine gravel dumped beside almost every garbage can! I shook my head, wondering what weird weird kind of prank this was. I can just see it - "Haha! Let's go pull everyone's garbage cans into the street! And then pour gravel beside them! This will be the best practical joke ever!"

On further inspection, I noticed a black trail on the road, following every garbage can and pile of gravel. In fact, it was almost like the garbage cans and the gravel had been placed on top of that trail. I wondered if I was part of some sinister alien plot to take over the world, starting with our neighborhood. Strange markings on the roads, piles of gravel, oddly behaving garbage cans - hey, you never know.

I decided to get the mail. As I was walking to the mailbox, a truck drove by slowly, with a guy sitting in the open back. Sure enough, the truck soon stopped beside one of the few remaining ungravelled garbage cans, and the man jumped out and dumped a pile of gravel beside it. I yelled, "What are you doing!" and he said "cleaning up oil. One of the garbage trucks had a leak."
Well, that solves that...I guess. Except, I still don't understand it. Why were they only dumping gravel beside the garbage cans?

Actually, now that I think of it, further up the street (near the neighborhood entrance), the trail of oil is completely covered with gravel. Maybe they didn't have enough for the whole thing.

But why were the garbage cans pulled out into the street, over the trail of oil?

I took them into the garage. Maybe I wasn't supposed to.

Or maybe...my house will be the only one that escapes alien demolition.


(insert break of twenty minutes)


Okay, they came by with their truck, sweeping up the mess they made, and I snuck a picture from upstairs.


You can see the black lines of oil, and the smudged looking mess on the street? That's where the gravel was but then they swept it up. That garbage can used to be right next to it.

I was going to show you the big muscled man with a broom, but I was too late with the camera. A skinny guy was sweeping up the stuff, and then a big man with lots of arm muscle came out and tried to take the broom away from him. Some short dialogue went on, and then the big guy took the broom and swept. I wonder if he was saying something like "Look at my arm muscles! I can sweep so much better than you. Give me that broom." Or something like that.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger tyrone said...

So, uh, is that a big house you're in?

Anyways.  I'm sure the oil cleanup makes perfect sense.  To someone.  And "Becca-style" shoes are kind of cool looking. 

Ha.  Well, see you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home