July 06, 2005

A lot of people think I like to write because I say I like to write. I mean, apart from this blog. Projects, books, things that I would write for the purpose of trying to get them published in such a way that I could get some money from them.

The thing is, I very rarely actually devote time to writing. I don't think I've devoted enough time to it to know whether or not I am "good" at it. What is my big problem? I have one, and I put my finger on it.

I have too many ideas. I swear, I have at least one "big" idea per MONTH of my life written down on my computer, for me to work on later. Ideas, meaning, things to write. I have farfetched science fiction plots, self help books, resources for students, missionary kids, smart sounding titles, sentimental emotional fiction tales, short stories of every kind, and just a lot of STUFF. I have ideas for magazines, booklets, and textbooks. Lots of this stuff I wouldn't necessarily want to write all of - I just want to see a book in print with my idea in it. It doesn't matter if I write it. It's like, I wish there was a book to read like this, and there's not, and there should be. So I write down the idea. I know I'll never devote much time to it, but it's good to at least write down the idea. It's so pathetic how many ideas I have.

All you people who like to write but never have ideas, come talk to me. I"ll give you something to write about.

I would like to set a goal to devote a certain amount of time to writing each day, but I feel like first I should set a goal to devote time to other things that are generally supposed to come first, namely, spending time in prayer, and in the Bible. I feel almost wrong devoting time to writing when I am neglecting the other two. And of course, why should I write when my room's a mess, there's laundry to do, dishes to do, kids to watch, surfaces to clean, and A NICE PIANO TO PLAY!

It's 11:34 now. I am going to write until midnight and see if I make any headway on something, or at least if I can scrap an idea that doesn't seem so great once I've spent half an hour trying to make it work.

If anyone has suggestions on what I can do with my ideas, let me know.

I know! I should write a book that lists 101 ideas of books people should write.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger tyrone said...

I dunno, I guess you could try throwing it together on the web. Maybe a web log of ideas, or just a page that keeps scrolling and scrolling...

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not package your ideas in an eBook and sell it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home