June 28, 2005

I got sent home from work again today. But...that's because I read the schedule wrong and I wasn't supposed to be there :P

My old artsy side is coming back lately. I think I'm taking up some old hobbies again. Drawing, painting, making things look good (at least, as far as my taste can take them), creating music, lyrics, poems. Orchestrating my feelings into harmony and tempo, color and texture, meter and rhyme.

Today had two sides to it. I did quite a bit of reading and studying and cleaning, but for the past few hours, I've just been drawing, writing music, reading old things I wrote, being inspired to make new things. I think I have missed it. Whatever happened to the nights where I stayed up until late hours of the night keeping no track of the time, because I was completely absorbed in something I was making, whatever it may be? About a year ago, I put all of these things aside. I might come up with something every once in a while, but I wouldn't actively work on it beyond the idea. True, I had a lot going on and I don't think I could ever completely set aside my studious side, my love of learning, for it, but there has to be a balance.

I was trying to find a mostly-empty sketchbook, and ended up looking through my old ones. I found lots of notebooks full of prose and lyrics with chord progressions long lost. It surprised me how emo it all was. haha.

-becca

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love digging out old notebooks and sketchbooks and checking out what I was doing years ago. It is sort of like a time capsule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home