July 09, 2005

Blogger fixed the post count thing. It was stuck on 57 for months, but now it's true: this is the 163rd post on this blog. I know, we're amazing, I know.

Except, I feel like a soloist because BECCA IS STILL GONE.

I spent last night and am spending tonight at her house. I went to work, came here, spent the night, went to work, came here, and am spending the night. And I've watched four movies in that time, too: the first one of Pride and Prejudice, Raising Helen, School of Rock, and something else that none of us can remember because "that was so 24 hours ago." And at the moment someone is at the movie store getting another movie. We're not sure what. We suggested Miss Congeniality, but I don't think he really wanted to get that. So we're watching another movie.

It is nearly 11 pm on a Saturday night. We all have church in the morning (that's why I'm spending the night; Edgars are out of town.)

Let me think. News.

I bought chocolate and a card for a coworker (are they even called coworkers in a workplace as low as Subway? Let me rephrase the opening sentence of this paragraph.)

I bought chocolate and a card for my felow sandwich-maker last night. I said something about how she was twenty-five and she said "no, I'm twenty-six" and so I was like "oh did you have a birthday" and she said "yeah it was last month" and I said "what, you didn't tell me?!" and she said "it's not a big deal." I said, "I'm gonna get you something" and she said "don't you dare, it was last month, it's over now anyway" and so of course I had to.

After work I said my goodbyes, headed over to Safeway and bought the chocolate. I should have checked the price of the card before buying it. Three fifty! Ugh! That was almost the price of both of the chocolates I bought! Then I went back to work and she was like "what did you forget" and I didn't even answer her. I wrapped the chocolates in the subwrap (tacky, I know) and the other two sandwich-makers who were there signed the card, and so did I.

And she was so insistent that she couldn't keep the chocolates because I was too nice, and of course, I was so insistent that she had to keep them because I bought them for her, and it was for her birthday, and I wanted her to have them, but the whole time I was silently saying "stop tempting me or I might give in, because I want chocolate now and this is my last money." However, I stayed long enough to enjoy my happy warm feeling, and got out of there quickly where I went and raided the Merker's fridge.

That was happy.

But today was so busy! Ugh! Saturdays always are. But still. I got really tired in the middle of the day. I forgot to take my antibiotic yesterday and today I forgot it and I won't be able to take it till tomorrow afternoon, and I can feel my sinus infection coming back. Bleah. I was sick for a whole month before getting that antibiotic. And it was working. I really hate being sick like that. I took almost all my medicine faithfully. Enough of that.

Kaitie is sitting here watching and reading everything I type, while eating an Australian toaster biscuit with cream cheese and jam,. Pardon me, prsereves. I'm not looking at the screen at all as I tyupe. Kaitie, am I making andy typos? She said I did pretty well.

I'm going to fall asleep during whatever movie we get.

Kaitie is going to make me a latte!!!

I asked for a double shot, but she said it takes longer and it's hard. So I won't make her do that.

Never mind, we're out of milk, and Kaitie's mom says I can't have a latte because it's too late for coffee.

Blah. She isn't my mom!!!! I should be allowed to experience the consequences of my OWN decisions. Who does she think she is?!?!?!? I mean, she lets me stay at her house all I want, and eat all her food, and wear her daughter's clothes, and she treats me like one of her kids ALREADY...but GOSH!!!!!!

Speaking of things that sound like Napoleon Dynamite (I don't think I've ever actually typed out the title of that movie before. It's kind of fun.), Kaitie and I had a deep conversation about it, and things that you can say that sound like they are from it but really aren't. Give me an example, Kaitie. (she's stil reading.)

Kaitie says, "Pretty much the best thing in the world is cows." in a dull monotone voice.

"Pants are pretty much the sweetest thing in the world."

Here is an interview with Kaitie:

Kaitie, what makes a Napoleon Dynamite quote?

"Saying pretty much, sweet, or gosh, and/or talking in a monotone." (said in a monotone.)

Kaitie, what possessed you to watch that awful movie more than 1/2 time?

"It's funny, and it was with Heidi and becca at different times."

Kaitie, that sounds like a lame excuse to me.

"William Shatner?! William Shatner's in this?"

She is no longer focused. Oh well.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kaits said...

Weirdo! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home