June 20, 2005

Okay, listen up. I've been sick for two and a half weeks. During that time I have been living in a house with four children. None of them have gotten sick from me, and yet just because I spend a few hours with you, you think I got you sick? Impossible! These things do happen (Phantom of the Opera). Kaitie thought I'd gotten her sick just because I stopped by your house for five minutes the other day. Give me a break! Your family is seven people living in a little house - it's obviously not difficult at all for germs to spread in small living quarters!

I'm hungry, and if you weren't sick I'd call you to go out to breakfast or to come over here for breakfast and coffee.

Plans for today: Bike into Fairwood. Stop by work and talk with the owner about my schedule. Get a checking account at Bank of America. Deposit my paycheck. Go shopping. Buy chocolate. Go to the library to read and cool off. See if becca needs any "sick" items from the store.

I was going to see if you, becca, would drive me to get my food handler's permit today, but you're sick. I might ask one of Raedeana's parents to drive me then, since it's vital that I get it today.

Why are we watering our lawn? It's hot outside. We're just wasting water because it's probably all evaporating before it can soak into the ground.

Last night I was supposed to get off work at 9. But then I noticed there was nobody on the schedule for anytime after 9, so I called the owner to make sure he had it taken care of. He seemed completely surprised, and said he'd send somebody over at 9:30 if I could stay that long. Now, I had ridden my bike to work and I didn't want to ride while it was dark out. So I said I'd stay till then.

Nobody showed up at 9:30. At 10, I called him and he was again surprised nobody had showed up. Eventually, he came himself, but it wasn't till 10:30 that I finally got off work. And then I had to call becca, who was sick, to come pick me up, so her dad picked me up instead which was really nice of him. But it still made me kind of mad that it happened at all. Soon I should be all mornings instead, which is why I think the owner wants to talk to me about my schedule today. That will be nice.

Yesterday I was working with a guy who's worked there for three months. I've worked there for three weeks. There was also another girl who's worked there for three days. For some inexplicable reason, I was in charge of everything. It was so weird - not the role I'm used to. Nobody appointed me to be in charge, but suddenly my other coworkers were coming and asking me what they should do next. I think I did a good job of delegating.

I went home over the weekend. I got to see our new puppy, Coaly. He's awfully cute for a dog. I'll put up pictures of him sometime.

Unless I just counted wrong, this is the 150th post on this blog.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger becca said...

I'm not THAT sick. I'm actually feeling like I'm practically completely better. I just sound a lot worse than I actually am. I'll give you a call in a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home