April 11, 2005

It's a quiet evening. Perfectly peaceful.

But, this content feeling doesn't just come from the stillness of an empty house.
I'm too joyful to say quite what I want.

This should suffice: God is good.

aah.

Friends are great. The ones that I'm thinking about are the ones that I can do anything with and absolutely nothing with; whether there are words to say, expressions to exchange, or silence to sink into. (I'm sure most of the people I'm referring to here either share this blog coughambercoughsortofkaitiecowgh with me or read it).

It's interesting, the different level of friendships I have. Some are just acquaintances - if we see eachother, we say hello, and inquire about the others health, perhaps exchange news about school or work, but we don't "hang out" or ever plan on seeing the other.

Then there are those who I know fairly well, I just don't talk to them very often. But, when we do converse, we can go on for hours. I think I've accumulated a lot of those types of relationships from moving so much. We move, I make a good friend, we move again, and I don't keep in touch as much as I would like. God always brings so many new faces along though. But it's nice to know that the old ones are still there to be familliar with.

I'm always amazed by the fact that I've kept in touch with my friend from Chicago for the past 7 years. We talk less now than we used to, but still, once a month isn't bad.

Hm. Here's just a quick observation/opinion I'm not really going to get into: there is something so different from just talking to people and actually being with them. I love to spend time with people, even when there's nothing to do - or things I "should" do instead. I supooOoose at those times I could be reading an educational book, or doing something "constructive," but having true relationships with others is far more important. Time allows for both, no reason to go crazy. That's all.

There also people I just sort of admire from a distance. I want to know them more just so I can learn to be like them. I talk to them, sure, but they have such strong character, or some quality that I can only hope to grow up to have. Generally, these fall under the category of "cool adults," or sometimes, "guys-that-I-wish-I-was-good-enough-to-marry-someday." I'll leave that subject closed though, thank you.

Even though I'm mainly reflecting on specific people in my life, right now, I feel like I love just about everyone. It doesn't matter who you are, if you were here, I'd give you a hug and offer you some tea. And some chocolate! Well, if I had some, anyway.

-becca

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger tyrone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger tyrone said...

Amen.

And I'll bring the chocolate.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

whoa. I'll bring the tea. becca already has the paper towels. I think they're at hotmail.com or something

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. Too right.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

"Right you are" -you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home