April 11, 2005

I'm glad you're alive, amber.

I am terribly proud of myself today. But, really only in one count. I woke up! My alarm went off at 6:00am, and I got out of bed merely 20 minutes later!
I got to school early, drank a very unskillfully made latte, and read up on my American Architecture homework.

I also played around with my computer a little bit. But, only a little bit. I bought a laptop. hoorah. aaah, it'll be so nice at the end of may, when I'm completely done paying for my car. And this laptop. Hum. I was about to give thanks to the person who set it up for me, but I can't remember who really did it. I think Josh started it, and then Tyrone finished it. tyrone. That looks better. So thanks [you two]!

Onto the other not-so-terribly-interesting-things-but-still-things:

I chose sort of a dumb writing topic for my class. Banana dehydration. WHY? I really don't know. We had to describe a scene as vividly as we could, and I wanted to take on the challenge of describing something really boring. I was surprised to get mostly positive feedback. I stopped it a sort of climatic point, because I hadn't worked on much beyond that, and they were all staring at me, asking, "what!? What happens next?!" It was funny. I thought it was nice too, that the negative feedback I got were things I was noticing myself, as I read it outloud.

It makes an interesting mix, because everyone in my workshopping group has a completely different writing style and sense of humor. One girl is extremely sarcastic and cynical; the other much more serious and sincere. The guy just voices a lot opinions; trying to prove his point of personal preference. All their papers were fun to listen to though, and I got out early, which is always a plus on mondays.

Since it was an hour before I had to be at work, I decided to take a trip to the library for a little while, and edit my paper.

And that's all I have to say!

-becca

p.s. earlier I had a weird double take, I thought there was a cat in my car. As it turns out, it was just my sweatshirt perched in a cat-like position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home