April 11, 2005

I didn't go to class at all today. I woke up and thought I'd be able to, but every time I tried walking I got all weird. So I called the nurse and got excused from my morning classes. I thought I'd be able to attend my afternoon class but I was still feeling pretty cruddy so I got excused for that one.

The problem with having all day off because you're sick is that you can't really enjoy it - because you're sick. I slept, took medicine, blew my nose, and stared dreamily at the wall all day. I got some homework done but it took a lot of mental effort.

BUT! Last night, I went to see a movie at someone's house (yes, I know you shouldn't have fun when you're sick, but I was feeling well enough at the time, and I warned them in advance) and they gave me medicine and Kleenex and some cough drops and popcorn AND a big thing of chicken noodle soup!!! It made me so happy. I just now ate half of the soup and I feel better. Iyesha went out and bought the soup just for me. Isn't that nice?! I can't get over it. Wow. I have the greatest friends.

I went to the cafeteria for lunch today. It was a huge effort - walking all the way there, getting food, sitting and eating, putting dishes away, and walking all the way back to the dorm. I don't get it! Usually I don't become such a wimp when I'm sick. I'm all weak. Like a limp noodle. I just ate a lot of those in soup.

Whine whine whine whine.

I register for my classes in two days. Unless I change my mind, here's what I want to take:

Bib201 OT Lit Hst Poetry
Eng304 Adv Writing
Mth113 Pre-Calculus
Psy100 General Psych
Mus150 Choir
SM 200 Student Ministry III

15 credits. Whoop.

Actually, I'm kind of excited. Registering for next semester's classes reminds me that I'm almost done with my FIRST YEAR here! Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Absolutely amazing! WOW!

I have drunk a lot of tea in the last two days. "A lot a lot," as Ford Prefect would say.

Three books I plan to read over the summer: Decision-Making and the Will of God, all the books in the Hitchiker series (I consider them one because I have most of them in one fat book), and a third undecided. Requirements: It has to be a good book, and it has to have a lot of pages but not too many. Around 500ish, I'd say. Since I have one Christian book and one novel on the list, I'd like to read a classic for the third. A classic that doesn't begin with "M" and end with "oby Dick." Ugh. That was sooooo boring.

I'm saving the second Mitford book and the second book in The Pendragon Cycle for Christmas break. I think I'll make that a tradition - continue with the next book in the serieses (what is the plural of series?) until I either run out of books or Christmas breaks.

I have recently started a list of 100 things I want to accomplish in my lifetime. I won't do all of them, probably, and maybe some goals are more noble than others (for example, "Memorize 100 chapters of the Bible" might sound more noble than "Memorize pi to 50 digits") but I don't really care. I made the list because I wanted to, and it was fun to write. I'm at like 54 or something now. Some friends and I were reading our lists to each other, and when I read number 40 on mine ("Grow a lot of basil and make pesto with it") my friend Laine burst out laughing and said that was the best idea ever. Made me feel special - ha! I thought of growing basil! What a wonderful, novel idea!

Anyway, it's something fun to do - make a list like that. You should do it because it's fun. It also tends to teach you a lot about yourself. Like, I can lump my goals together into certain categories that show me what I think is important in life - "having things memorized," "having knowledge" (they ARE different), "fun things," and "godly things." A lot of stuff overlaps within these categories (Memorizing the Bible would go under memorizing, fun things, and godly things, for example).

Okay. Goodbye!

3 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...until I either run out of books or Christmas breaks."


Christmas can't break! =P

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

psyche? Is that you? Why didn't you post a link? :)

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

Oh, it occurred to me that maybe it doesn't let you do more than 43... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home