April 10, 2005

Well, I'm back from the dead. I can still feel the Nyquilic alcohol in my veins, but I'm drinking lots of water. My loving roommate is picking up a sick tray for me at the cafteteria right now.

I was going to be singing half of a duet for offertory today, but I couldn't because my voice was so far gone. It's not "gone" - I can talk almost normally - but I can't sing at all.

When am I going to do my homework for tomorrow...?

Today was my pastor's last day preaching in our church. We had a goodbye party/baby shower for his family (his wife is due next month) and sent them off with lots of joyful old country hymns. I usually refrain from commenting on the quality of our music, but today we all played and sang especially well. These are the bouncin', rockin', happy old-time clappin' songs we did today:

Power In the Blood
The Hallelujah Side
I'll Fly Away
When the Roll is Called Up Yonder

And last week we did "Do Lord."

We were going to do "This World is Not My Home" but it wasn't going well during practice so we tossed it.

We sounded excellent today anyway. Wow. Frank (leads worship, plays guitar) was born to play and sing this kind of music. This is definitely his strong point.

I hope Jess gets back soon...I'm hungry.

And tired. And my head and throat hurt...I feel all dirty.

You know how it is when you're sick. You get hot and cold and hot and cold when you're trying to sleep, and you sweat a lot, and since you're in bed all day you just feel disgusting from laying in bed.

Let me think of something useful and helpful to say.

She's back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home