April 02, 2005

goodmorning!

I'm in moses lake for the weekend.

Currently, it's 5:50am, and I've been awake for an hour. The person (ahem) I'm staying with - though I may betray them - snores a little, and I'm been having some trouble staying asleep.

So, after lying there with a pillow or two stuffed around my head, I sat up and walked toward the window. After looking out at our scenic view of the open-24 hours-supercenter-WAL*MART, I decided I needed to find something to do, so here I am, writing of my insomniacic troubles. ha.

Someone was just knocking a door fairly loudly. Those crazies.

Well! I've been having an absolutely delightful time in this...populated, eastern washington city.
I'm here for the quiz meet, of course, why else would I be in moses lake? I didn't come here to buy umbrella strollers, that's for sure.
We arrived fairly early - about 3PM (the quiz meet doesn't start until 7ish). So, we drove through moses lake, and five minutes later, we decided to go to the hotel that my mom and I are staying at. We checked in and planned on passing the time for a couple of hours playing cards or watching tv or something.

It was great though - we walked in and simultaneously all break into laughter; there's a hot tub in the bedroom! We were completely unaware of it when we reserved the room.
When they said, "oh, we only have this one smaller suite available," you'd think they'd chime in, "but it has a hot tub, so that's why it's a little more pricey." But, the reaction we had was so great, I really didn't mind at all.

Naturally, we went to WAL*MART and my mom and I bought some swim suits - or if you rather, clearance rack tanks and shorts, which neither one of us will be likely to ever wear again. Except the shorts I found. They seem like they'd be nice for running, which I've recently taken up again.

It was really nice and relaxing, and my mom and I got to talk for a little while, which is always pleasant. I love my mom. Really really really reeeeaaallly! REALLY, love her.

And, not just because she happened to get a hot tub in her room when I happened to be staying with her - although, that does makes her pretty loveable.


Oh, so quizzing. Our team is doing great. Every one is excited and having fun! AND, everyone on the team has been getting questions, which is really great to see. I'm having a lot of fun just being there. It's funny, everytime I go to a quiz meet, I hardly expect to really hang out with anyone outside of my team and I always seem to be surprised when I end up knowing people there who I actually have conversations with and stuff.

There's this one very sweet girl who I met at the last meet. I think she was drawn over becasue I was playing guitar at the time, and she expressed an interesting in learning, so I taught her a few chords.

As I was sitting in the Sanctuary, and Kurt was explaining something about his socks to me, she came up to me. I couldn't remember her name, but I knew it was a name I liked a lot. Gloria. Yes. It's even nicer now that I write it down. I think part of it is because there was a book series I LOVED when I was little - the children books about the badger, Francis. By far, the best one was "Jam and Bread for Francis," because she sings all these songs she makes up, and there's the whole thing with her friend about the way he eats his variety of food for lunch. Aaaah. I should read that again. I think I will! But, I haven't seen in it in quite a while.
Anyway, Francis has a little sister named Gloria, and ever since then, I've liked the name.
Although, I have a feeling even if it wasn't for the deep impression Francis has made on my life, I would still like the name.

Gloria - the sweet girl, not the badger - said hello, and was telling me about the songs she wrote and different things about quizzing and stuff - and she's just so cute!

It's a curious thing to me to ever think that someone looks up to me. I mean, I think at some point in our lives, most of us are looked up to by someone for something about us. But, Generally I feel like I'm just goofing off all of the time, and that I don't really deserve that attention, and that there are plenty of other better role models to chose from.


School starts on monday! I'm somewhat excited, I guess, just to get back in the groove of routine again. These past two weeks have been great, but I'm ready to return to some more structure in my day. I've definitely gotten a lot of laundry done. On two seperate days, I think I've come to a total of over 16 loads of laundry. That is SO much. Don't worry though; it's not just my clothes.

Did I mention that I learned all the quizzing material? I would like to say that I learned all of matthew, but we skipped chapters 13 and 23-25 for some reason. I still plan on going back and memorizing them next year though. Oh, and the genealogy too. It's great though, to push yourself reeeeeaaaallly hard and actually have it come to something in the end. Ah.

I don't have much else to talk about. I'm sure I could pick some random subject and start rambling about it, but I don't see much point in that. Maybe I'll try and go back to sleep. My alarm goes off in 45 minutes.

-becca






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home