March 25, 2005

"I tried my best to get the tree sap off, really, I did. But, you know, the best way to prevent it from getting on there in the first place is to not park under a tree."

The windshield man came to fix the windshield. He was telling me what he did so I could pass the information on, and he went on forever about how he tried to clean the windshield off, but he couldn't get it all off, because it was really stuck. He kept apologizing for it. It was funny, because our van is so old and dirty anyway. A little sap on the windshield - which is probably a common occurence as it is - was of no concern to me.

I have no amazing thoughts to share. BUT, I'm happy! Too!

And, on our bookshelf, I found a few good books I'm planning on reading next week. I haven't read for pleasure very much recently. It should be nice.

-becca




1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger tyrone said...

Roughly two words: razorblade, elbow-grease.  Perhaps a good punishment.  Unless the punishee is prone to accidents with razorblades.  Or maybe not.

From this site Remove tree sap with a soft cloth soaked in olive oil or other vegetable oil. Rub in a circular motion until the sap is removed.  Rinse.  I imagine it would take a decent amount of oil, and even more time. 

And from hereI've found that by hand-rubbing the sap spots with mineral spirits or denatured alcohol, I'm able to easily remove the sap without damaging the finish. 

However way, I bet that technician was using the wrong tools, or a little bit lazy.  I'm sure there's something out there that can take off sap... and maybe leave the windshield intact, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home