March 26, 2005

ha, I'm writing about it first!

We did the Psalms marathon today. It took us 5 hours instead of the expected 6.
Which was a pretty accomplishing feeling in itself. I mean, it's 5:55 right now, and I would STILL be reading psalms. Which would be okay, but still.

IT WAS GREAT. Everyone should do it. We should do it again. This summer. I'm sure we will. We should get more people to do it with us too. But, it was very nice doing it in the small group, with people I feel absolutely comfortable with. I liked your Grandmother too. She is very sweet.

It was just a lovely way to spend the day. It was raining, the house was cozy, the tea was hot, the vaseline was bountiful. Aaah. And it's so great just to read THROUGH a book of the bible, all the way. So often I'll hear something in the bible and get 'excited' to read the rest of the book, or read other things about the same subject or something, but most of the time, I don't pursue it with the same enthusiasm. But, when I HAVE to read through the entire thing...sure, I'm not going to get everything I can ever get out of the Bible in one sitting. That's what amazes me the most about the Bible, you can read it and read it, and every time get something new out of it.

But, just reading it all makes me wonder, how can I justify sitting and reading for hours on end a novel or any kind of book (although, this pleasure I haven't had in a while) and yet, I can't read the Bible for more than half n hour - or even less than that - at a time?

Ah. I'm still formulating so many thoughts and am excited to keep studying. There's a certain subject I've been inspired to really search out too.

Ah ha, this was fun amber. BEST FRIEND! aaah! =D

-becca

-becca



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home