February 28, 2005

What is with this posting spree? Lately I haven't felt like typing at all, even when I have something to say.

Anyway, I just wanted to state a memorization goal for the end of the semester - Hebrews. I got up to chapter 7 at one point, so up until there it's only a matter of rememorizing which is relatively easy. I think after such a long period of not memorizing things, it shouldn't be too hard to get the next five chapters down, even though 11 and 12 are pretty long. And I had 13 memorized at one point too, so that should also be relatively easy.

I love memorizing! It's such a good feeling to get stuff down, and know that you know it so well it's just part of you. I also like memorizing poetry.

The only hard part for me down here is, finding someone to quote to. I constantly memorize things slightly wrong, and how can I review to myself if I'm reviewing wrong? I asked my roomie if I could quote just a few chapters to her after she got off work and she was like "you're an insane psycho freak. Sure." so I'm happy about that.

Anyway, if you want to memorize a book of the Bible (it's okay, it doesn't have to be as long as Hebrews - 1 Peter's a fun one, and I've always wanted to do James), you should email ladybugsnameisnotpaige@yahoo.com (which is my email address), and let me know. I wish more people would think it was cool to memorize. And no one should say "I can't memorize" because really, it just takes time to find out what works for you.

-Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home