February 26, 2005

This morning, I will be attending my fourth Bible Marathon. We will be reading Acts-Philemon and Revelation. It will be a 10-hour Marathon. Yay! Actually, 10 hours is the shortest I've been to yet, and I'm kind of happy this one's short because I do have some things I want to get done today. ("do things I want to get done"? That's redundant...) They're starting at 10 am and going to 6 pm. I have to go at 9 because I was asked (haha! I feel special!) to help out with one of them.

Blogger lets you change the date and time of your post if you want.

Merry Christmas!

-Amber

4 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do things I want to get done"? That's redundant...)

I'ts not THAT redundant, I mean, you could have things to do that you don't want to get done, but you have to get done.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I was referring more to "do" and "done" - like, I have to do things I want to get done as opposed to doing things I do not want to get done? Hm..maybe, maybe not, I'm tired, my day was long! And great!

-Amber

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wait, I get it now. If I "do" something, the something is then in a state of "being done." So, I wouldn't "do something I want to get done" because I could simply "do something" and leave it at that, or even "do something I want." I had already said "have to" in the sentence, which implied that I needed to get the things done but not necessarily that I wanted to, so when I said "want" I also indicated that it was the state of being done that I wanted, not the doing. So yes, I was redundant!

-Amber

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

Oh my head.

You could also have said "There are some things I want to do today" and saved the whole mess. Apparently the question is, what did you actually mean? It probably doesn't matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home