February 28, 2005

How do I get along so well with my roommate?

Well, laughter is the best medicine. Let me just say, if it weren't for our mothers, we wouldn't get along as well as we do. Here's an example of a fairly typical conversation:

Jess: "My bed is MESSY! It exploded!"

Me: "Your mom exploded!"

Jess: "Your mom's FACE exploded!"

Both laugh. Jess exits.

We basically use any and every opportunity to refer to the other's mother. We frequently use name calling too. Except, I think Jess calls me more names than I call her:

Me: "I wish we only had one bathroom stall so I wouldn't have to choose which of five to use."

Jess: "You're an insane psycho FREAK."

I get her back with my extremely witty sarcasm, however, which basically consists of repeating everything she says in a high nasally mocking voice:

Jess: "Ugh! Where's my meal card!"

Me, in a high nasally mocking voice: "Ugh! Where's my meal card!"

Jess: "SHUT UP!"

At this point, Jessica usually shoves me. Once she shoved me into some wet grass and my shoe came off and my sock got wet. Once she just picked me up and threw me onto a couch. I was pretty surprised, I didn't know she was that strong. Unfortunately, whenever I try to shove her back, she doesn't move, and just stands there and laughs at me, which causes me to repeat her laughter in a wittily sarcastic voice, which causes her to shove me again.

Anyway, if you don't get along with your roomie, those are just some ideas for you.

On a different topic, I was playing frisbee yesterday, which is the most athletic thing I've done since hiking last fall, and a guy threw the frisbee and it hit my back. I got a nice welt and some blood. Woohoo.

-Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home