February 28, 2005

So, after two monthsish of trying to get a certain house on a certain small lake in a certain small town, my parents lost it. Not their heads - the house. They were disappointed. They talked about building their own house on the lake and buying a much smaller, much not-nicer house on the lake and fixing it up. You have to understand, they've been trying to move for the last five yearsish. First it was Ellensburg area they wanted, then other E. WA areas, then Whidbey Island for a long time, then what? Enumclaw, or something? And Auburn? I can't remember. Anyway, they've been looking at houses for such a long time it's almost like a sport. They go out for the day just to look at houses.

Finally, just when no one thought they would ever actually move, they made an offer on a house. Two months of worrying "maybe we'll get it, maybe we won't," and they didn't get it.

Everyone let out their breath.

Then, wham! Suddenly we have a house. It's beautiful! Look at it!


My spring break will be spent packing up our old house. They move April 3.

What does this mean for me? It means I now have to decide what I'm doing for the summer. I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to stay in Portland unless God shoves a tantalizing job in my face, which might not happen since I'm not really looking around here, and the income tax is so high here it's ridiculous.

Another option is to live with my parents in their new house. This sounds fun, but it would be really hard not to be able to go to May Valley on Sundays. The church is my "other family" and they are at least half of what I miss whenever I'm gone.

The Edgars have always said that if my parents move, I can live with them. Now that my parents are moving, they say, the offer still stands.

So, I'm trying to get a job at the KinderCare near their house/our old house. If I can get a full time summer job there, I'll live with Edgars and stay in the May Valley community, and visit my family on Saturdays.

It's nice to have a tentative plan.

-Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home