February 10, 2005

Hi! I'm not died. I am going through a rather odd-feeling time. Kind of...content, but sort of out of it. Antisocial. Suddenly getting mad if someone accidently touches me. I'm probably getting a migraine, feeling so weird. Oh well, at least if I can target it I can set it aside and forget about it.

What can I say that's interesting about my life...? Nothing. I don't really want to talk about my life...I don't really want to talk about anything! there's not really anything to talk about...hm. Why am I typing?

I'm going to type until I think of something to...type. Er, okay.

Oh!

I bought "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass." Lewis Carroll (caroll?) of course. I'd never read it. It's a good, fun read. I knew the storyline, of course, from seeing movies of it, and reading abbreviated versions of the story, but the real book seems like one big marvelous play on language. It's pretty fascinating sometimes. And the movies can't capture some of the little precious things in the book, the things that make the book so great. I haven't finished it yet, but it's fun to have something to do that holds my attention so completely.

I also bought Peter Pan (the book) and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I have never actually read Peter Pan (like Alice's Adventures) though I know the storyline, again, so that's why I want to read it. Tom Sawyer I have read, and I recall not liking it very much, but I also recall thinking I'd like it if I had concentrated on it more. It was a cheap, nice copy. so I bought it.

My wrist is killing me. Bye!

-Amber

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

Ha! I just borrowed the two Alice stories from my friend a couple weeks ago. I haven't read the second one yet because my sister stole it but the first one was actually quite funny. The tea party part was just genius! =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home