January 10, 2005

I don't do titles either, if you hadn't noticed. :P

I always hear of statistics and then forget what the percentage actually was. But, there is some statistic about how much of your life you spend waiting for something. I bet you're above average!

Tip: To be a good friend, you should practice offering some sort of consolation when the other is in distressful circumstances. I obviously need practice.


I just took the chapter one quiz for my biology course. WOW, was it easy. I got 100%! woo! I have two more chapters to read and finish quizzes on. When I first logged on, I didn't like the way the website was laid out at all. After some exploration though, I found that I could rearrange everything the way I liked it. I also found a lot of links for online resources that have proven to be helpful so far.
I didn't think I'd like doing quizzes online because I'm not used to it, but it's nice that I can take a quiz and then know how I did immediately afterward. I got one question wrong on the syllabus quiz. I accidently entered a grade percentage for a different exam than the one in question. oops. I have a feeling my grade will be based more on lab assignments and how I do on the mid-terms.


I was viewing bible college websites and requesting information today. I hadn't ever thought of going to a bible college seriously before, but now, it seems like a good idea. Mainly because this 3 month intensive training I've been interested in taking counts as 16 credits toward some affiliated colleges. I kept coming back to this one that's in Salem, OR. I think I looked at every single page on the website. I even almost decided on a major! I don't think I'd go to school without a pointed major in mind. I tend to be able to change my mind about a life plan in a matter of days. Amber knows all about this.
But, this seems different. It's something I've been interested in on and off throughout my life, but I haven't felt very confident that I could actually pull it off. Although, now I've almost been able to convince myself that maybe with schooling I could accomplish it. Such assurance! ha.

I don't think I could tell anyone anything more about it. I hardly have a grasp on whether this is something I can achieve or not. I'm almost fearful of what someone else might say.

"PAH, pah! PAAAAAAAH!" Or, possibly something more articulate, "DUH, duh! DUUUUUH!"
Both of which meaning, "What, you already can't do that worth squat, what makes you think you ever will?"

The reason I'm slightly timid about this isn't because I bend my opinions to whatever anyone else thinks, no.
But, I probably would only tell this to someone who, for the most part, has seen what I'm capable of, and whose judgement I trust. Therefore, I'd value their opinion slightly higher than just anybodies. But, with my current opinion - which has probably been over-elaborated on already - anything negative may just banish the idea from my mind forever. Which may be a good thing. But I'd rather it happened without it being out in the open.

change of subject!

I had a nice hot cup of peach black tea today. It's really good! I think it cured me of my celery mouth.

Elaboration:
For some reason, since last week, everything I have eaten has left an after-taste that is somewhat similar to celery. That's what always comes to mind, anyway. It's odd. I'll take a sip of coffee and think "mmm good coff...celery?" or be eating a yellow mentos...no wait, those always taste like celery. I think they're supposed to be banana, but most artifically banana flavored things only resemble bananas in the fact that they taste bad.

It's almost like how Josh couldn't taste sweetness for a week after he ate a raw rhubarb.

I haven't had any celery lately. Or raw rhubarb for that matter. ha. That was funny when that happened to him.

-becca

Is this text too small? This is generally the size I like to type in, but maybe it's difficult to read. I don't know. I'm not wearing glasses at the moment though, so maybe it's not that bad.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger becconing amberlance said...

Your text is kind of small but not for me because I have such good vision. =P

How much of your life do you spend shaving? Wonder no longer - ask Pastor Villa. Haha, that was so great. The greatest part was the exaggerated hours for everything.

-Amber

 

Post a Comment

<< Home