January 07, 2005

Every time I make a post, I'm tempted to put "I don't do titles." as the title. Except, I really don't do them. At all. Oh well.

Becca, I'm glad you finally posted so I don't have to feel dumb posting three times in a row. And do you think I try to write long posts? I don't! I just start typing and suddenly I become a real blabbermouth. At least I'm not calling you and reading my posts out loud.

Want to know something weird? If you hit the italicized "i" button up there, stuff will go italicized. If you hit "Ctrl+i," it will also italicize. Except if you tinker with it long enough the program gets messed up so that the button will be depressed - as if you really are writing in italics - but your font will be unitalicized. And then when you unpress it, your font will go italicized. And it's all wrong. Or maybe it was my imagination.

I made iced tea and am drinking it constantly. I keep wanting to go to the store and get my list of cold comforts but it's been raining bad and it's so cold, even with all the layers I'm wearing. Apparently not cold enough for snow though, we were supposed to get some today.

All day yesterday was the worst fit of homesickness I've ever had! It took me an entire semester to feel homesick. Jessica and I both felt it. We went around all day kind of "blah" and everything nice happy things happened, they only made us happy for like ten seconds. That's what happened to me all day. It would have been a WONDERFUL day normally - so many good things happened - except I was homesick. Finally I cried hard for about three seconds which is becoming normal for me. It's hard to prolong crying when you're alone, really - practicality kicks in soon.

Everyone was asking me if things were going well with my new roommate yesterday. Of course they were. But I only moved in twenty four hours ago, I told them, and it's hard to tell. Of course, I knew I'd like Jessica already, so it's not really a big deal now. What's a big deal is unpacking the random stuff packed into one closet and one big bag that was titled "Stuff I am leaving at college for break but must pack and shove into Tiffany's closet because of complications." I cleaned out the closet this morning in a spurt of post 8-o'clock-class-energy, and dumped everything on my bed. Yes, the closet looks quite nice now. I think I just needed to see it that way in order to get the will to keep going.

I then organized stuff. This was really fun. I was so proud of it, I was showing it off to Jessica and she said I was weird. On the ledge by my bed, I first have a brown grocery bag with food products in it. At the moment this contains 8 Cups-a-Noodles that Christy gave me because she didn't like them anymore and four packets of oatmeal I failed to eat last semester (which is good because tomorrow's Saturday and they don't serve breakfast).

Next to that is my tea shoebox, newly replenished with tea I brought from home. Next to that is a green cylindrical container with German cherubic kid faces printed on it. I got it for Christmas. from a German grandma, aka "Oma." It has plastic spoons for stirring in it.

Then comes a plaid gift bag which has tea equipment in it - two infusers and about seven coasters.

Then comes an empty Kleenex box with all my cocoa and cider packets in it.

Behind that is a Christmas gift bag (red with snowmen) with my cold drink mixes in it - lots of iced tea that Mom didn't want, and some kool-aid type stuff sent to me from the Philippines from one of my cousins.

Next to these items is a red bowl with random candy in it, as well as some almost-but-not-quite cough drops which are supposed to prevent colds. I've been taking them to help me stop coughing. They don't help but I take them anyway.

Below all of these things is a cubby sort of thing, and there I will put all my mugs after I wash them.

I am so darn proud of that area of my room that whenever I'm organizing other things and I get frustrated and discouraged, I just look at the wonderfully organized food products corner of the room and feel instantly better.

Good day.

-Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home