December 28, 2004

I guess so, but if you want to be popular and intellectual looking and cool, you should acquire a taste for tea and know all about it. And you should go and buy yourself some glasses. Because, as amber and I were discussing earlier, it's cool to look - and if you're lucky, sound - smart. Maybe I should've used more syllables and said "intelligent" or "incredibly smart."


That's true. We are pretty different.

Amber and I both enjoy reading immensely. We talk about the books we've read and it's always a cause of excitement when we have time to read - especially when it's a good book.

Wait. I was getting at some point.

Oh yes, differences!

Books are a source of accomplishment to me. I love finishing a book. Amber tends to measure books by pages. When it comes to the entire length of a book, so do I. But, when it comes to a period of time in which I'm reading, I go by chapters. I can't say, "oh, I'm going to read this many pages and be done." It has to be, "I'm going to finish this many chapters before I'm done."
Amber goes by pages.



I think we both have pretty much the same idea about marriage, except that amber wants to have kids sooner than me.
It's ridiculous how much I would love to just get married in a couple of years, and some years after that have kids and be a young mom. I'd play piano while the kids nap, or while it's amber's day to have the kids play at her house. I won't say anything about what my husband will be like, but he will have to enjoy going on walks and having spontaneous plans. And it wouldn't hurt if he could play chopin.

Ah-ha, wishful thinking.


Why am I even writing about that? Look what you started amber!

I don't really have anything else to write about, and I don't think what I already have written about was very interesting anyway.

-becca

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear good friend, you must stop deprecating yourself about your writing. You're always saying it's "not interesting" or "stupid" or "just you rambling" and you always say you're not a good writer. I don't believe you.

I would call you a head, but you're supposed to call me that. What was the good one? Nostril toe. Yes, you are a nostril toe.

"Nostril" is one of those words it is nearly impossible not to stick an "e" onto the end of.

-Amber

ps. It's almost the end of December, and then I get the template! Let me mimic the annoying cry I hear every time I vew our blog and say:

AAAAAAAhahahahahahahhaaaaaa!

Remember my pig?! I should record it...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home