September 13, 2005

The scent of musty cardboard boxes wafts through the room as I sneeze from the unsettling dust in the air. Three hours pass, I sit down with a sigh, reach for my water bottle and look at what I've accomplished. Books, papers, stuffed animals, and clothes congregated into categories of "to keep," "to get rid of," and "for kaitie to decide" sit on the floor in heaps. Things that were once on shelves are now on the floor, causing the room to seem much smaller.

It's official: We're moving.

We found a nice little house about ten minutes away, fully remodeled and soon-to-be landscaped. Same square footage, but the bedrooms are bigger and there are two showers instead of one. And a very nice kitchen. So, maybe I can be more excited about it. It's just a weird time for it to happen, because everyone in our family is doing so much right now, it's really hard to find time when we're all home together for a day. None of us can really get time off of work.

But I'm thankful that we were able to find a house so quickly - we had to move one way or the other, and God provided something right away and it really is a nicer house than where we're living now. I just pray we'll be able to just do it and get it over with. But I know we will. I guess I'm not really worried about it at all.

I'm kind of sick of talking about it though. I just thought I should, since it's the most interesting thing I could think to write about, and blogs are supposed to be interesting.

Amber, I still haven't sent your package. It'll probably be a few days before I do. I got your letter though.

Oh I could tell about my class last night.

The class I'm taking with CEF - Teaching Children Effectively 1 - started last night. I pretty much really enjoyed it. It's fun taking a class taught by people I've been working with for the past three years. I've been looking forward to it a lot more because I knew the instructors would do a really good job. There were a few things that I didn't really agree with, but that happens, and they weren't very important. It's like CYIA training all over again, except with adults this time. It was a lot of fun going over the worldess book again too. I haven't done it in a while, since last October at a street fair.

It was funny filling out the questionaire/registration they had. I guess it gets sent to the teaching institute in warrenton, MO. It asks these questions like "how do you serve in your church" and "what do you expect to do with what you learn from this course." Because, of course they want people to go to their school. But, filling it out, I didn't really know exactly. I guess I just wanted to learn more about teaching kids, but not necessarily teaching kids with CEF. I might still go to their school, I'll probably continue to volunteer with CEF as long as it feels like what I should be doing, but I don't really feel a life calling to working with CEF. But then again, I guess I've never really been in one ministry for longer than a couple of years anyway, so I don't know. I never expect to stay in any one thing that long. I've always looked at this as I'm able to be used by God to teach kids this way while I'm being trained to serve him another way.

anyway.

I should get back to packing/cleaning. I only have a couple of hours left before work.

I'm so sick of computers right now, I don't think I can even tell you how much. This laptop is going in the bag.

-becca

(there, I've posted.)

3 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Father Cory said...

Wowza. Way cool. Awesome.


Heck, turbo! XD

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

and a half!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Kaits said...

Oh, was there stuff in the room for me to decide about? Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home