June 08, 2005

this morning.

I'm at school. My final for art is in about twenty minutes. I'm done studying for that and I didn't bring anything else to do while I wait, so here I am, posting. I woke up right when I was supposed to be leaving today - but I made good time anyway.

I'm having one of those days where I'm just kind of lost in my thoughts, sort of sad about different things. I can't concentrate on anything, and it doesn't help that I didn't bring warm enough clothes. I forgot a sweatshirt or jacket of any kind - I literally just ran out the door today.

hum.

I'm not really that depressed. There are things to be happy about. There always are, I guess.

On that thought, I looked up joy on bible gateway, and found this passage:

Colossians 1:10-12
"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

It's sort of funny that I don't go to the word first before complaining. That's kind of an amazing passage to me. Being "qualified" to share in his kingdom. I think I take it for granted sometimes. Or how about "please him in every way."

There is, actually, a bit to think about just in those few verses. Probably even more in context. Hm.

I feel better now. haha. At least about some things, others I'm still at a loss about.
I'm going to go to class soon. But it's a lot warmer here in the library. Maybe I'll go find something to read for a little while.

-becca

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

Maybe you'll feel better if you think of asians and lollipops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home