May 17, 2005

I might as well say something new-ish.


Washed smooth in perfect peace, the face of a sleeping girl is suddenly disturbed. Eyelids flutter as the morning rays, filtered through the lightly colored curtains, nudges her out of her dreams. The girl stays lying there a moment, her eyes open and her lips lightly smacking. She pulls the warm blankets up around her chin, protecting herself from the cold morning air. A loud repetative buzz goes off, and forcing herself to move, she sits up and turns her alarm off. She pulls back the curtains; the entire room is filled with natural light. The leaves softly shudder in the gentle breeze, casting shadows on her bed linens and breaking up golden hues on the ground outside. It is a good day. She thinks with a smile. Inspired, the girl sighs happily and folds back her sheets. She pulls on the sweatshirt she keeps near her bedside and stands up. Going to the kitchen, she starts a pot of hot water and finds a large, inviting mug. A few moments later, a cup of english breakfast black tea is made, along with a beautiful start to the day.


Who is that girl? ME! Well, perhaps I romanticized it a little bit, but, that is how glorious my quiet and peaceful morning was. Really, how can a day that starts like that go bad?


haha. Really, I feel incredibally like laughing right now. I bought a new tail light today too. And shampoo. But I forgot to buy a new toothbrush. I realized it just as I was walking out the door of wal*mart, and decided that I didn't want to go back in. I really didn't want to go there in the first place, but it wasn't that bad, because not that many people were there. Buying a new tail light and shampoo really doesn't have anything to do with why I'm happy though.


On a side note, I read Ruth last night. I really love the story of Ruth, I always have. I was struck with a slightly different thought last night than I usually have. Generally, I leave that book with the impression of, "Wow, I wish I could have the faith Ruth had," and try to apply the good morals to my life. But, this time, I've been thinking about how much God took care of her because of her faith. He provided a home with Naomi, a way to get food in a safe enviroment, and a great husband. Then, Jesus, way later in time, talks about this, about God giving you what you need, because he knows you need it. Just be faithful to him. It's pretty amazing how unchanging God is.

And, I don't know why I'm admitting to it, but I still have this odd image of them exchanging the sandal to close the deal in the end. I always imagine those things so strangely, even though I have no true reason to see it in this way. But, I have this picture in my mind of Boaz taking the sandal from the kinsman-redeemer, and putting it on his own head while he declares to everyone that they're witness and what-not.
Kind of silly considering that all it says, in chapter 4, verse 8 is "...And he removed his sandal."

Oh well.


-becca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home