May 02, 2005

I'm a little bummed out right now. This weekend is the very last quiz meet of the year. It also marks the end of the "golden quizzing years" because becca, Josh, and Joe are all graduating. I was going to go up with Salem to the meet like I did once last year and surprise my friends and have fun with them. I had even emailed Salem and they said they'd take me and stuff.

You know those times when you're planning something and you get this nagging feeling that you can't plan anything for that day, something's going on? And you think, oh, well, this is going on, but that's not important, I can skip that, I can cancel that, and you go on making plans until BAM, something you can't skip or cancel comes to mind, and you have to cancel your plans?

That just happened to me.

I'm playing piano for somebody's wedding this weekend.

At the time she asked me to do it, I was flattered and thrilled. Now, I'm afraid I'm having a bit of a bad attitude about the whole thing.

I want to cry about it, because I'm so disappointed, but I have too bad of an attitude to be anything but mad about it, and there's not really anyone I can be mad to.

I can't even go out and do something fun to ease my disappointment, because I have a speech outline due tomorrow morning.

I can't even go eat some chocolate or something because I'm full - I just ate.

So, I'm pretty much depressed right now. Waah. I want sympathy.

Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah. Weddings happen all the time. The 2004-2005 PNW District Championships is a once-in-a-lifetime event. Blow-off the wedding and hitchhike with Salem. (Just kidding, of course.)

Don't be mad, though; there will be many more quiz meets. And if I ever finish the CBQ rulebook (it's nearly done), there will be twice as many meets next year as this. And there will be an adult league, so the "golden age" of quizzing can continue...

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

Oh man, that's too bad..I was looking forward to seeing you too.

Well, becca mentioned her graduation party and perhaps a get-together thing so maybe we can all see you then.

=\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home