April 21, 2005

hello!

Today is my day off! The sun is shining, my legs are aching, and I'm happy!

Unfortunately, I don't have anything very exciting to offer, but I'll leave you with some mycological information:

Cup Fungus - There are many varieties of Cup fungi; different colors, habitats, and size. T he picture to the left (which is not posted) is known as Scarcoscypha coccinea. Cup fungi disperse their spores via the wind. Its spores, however, are born inside the mother-cell, rather than outside. When water pressure builds up inside the sac, it eventually is relieved and the spores are shot up into the air. This is how they get out of the cup and into the surrounding enviroment.


Ah, the things I learn. Fungi are so weird. Posted by Hello

I don't feel as if I have much to say. I went to Canada for the Great West Invitationals in bible quizzing. It was fun, I enjoyed getting to know as many people as I did.

I feel like taking a nap, and I think I might just. Last night, I was going to go to bed at about 10:30, but I ended up cleaning my room, doing laundry, and studying a few chapters of matthew, so I didn't actually hit my head against my pillow until 1am. Then I woke up early this morning and went running and got some more stuff done.
So, I think I can justify taking a nap. Plus, I'm always sleepy when it's cold, and it's so cold today!
At least, in the house. I'm wearing a sweater and I'm freezing. Kaitie wants to go for a bike ride with me. Maybe we'll go later, that should warm me up anyway. This has to be the most boring post ever. oh

well! I'm HAPPY!
-becca

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger tyrone said...

I'd say it's the most morning post ever.  Not that mornings are inherently bad.  Why, just the other day I saw a great sunrise.  (and it was a morning)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home