April 22, 2005

Doesn't bright blue and green just make you want to smile? I just looked out the window and couldn't help myself!

I love waking up to bright skies and sunlit plants, their branches swaying in the wind and shadows shifting back and forth across my face. Ah. Today was a perfect day for a nap, and I enjoyed every minute of it - okay, so I was sleeping, but I love to sleep, so I feel okay saying that with confidence.

I wasn't going to take a nap. I was going to finish compiling my research into a spreadsheet. But, I made the mistake of sitting on my bed while I did it, and soon drifted off.

I went to 4 stores today and recorded information about mushrooms. I won't go into the details, because quite frankly, though I always enjoy a good hunt, it's not even all that interesting to me. I don't really care much about the commercial distribution of fungi. Some of the things I found out about different species was intriguing - but how much per pound? Ah, oh well. At least I know where to find the most variety of mushrooms now.

Of course, I wore shorts today. Yes, I decided that while it was still only 70 degrees out. I can do that, I live in Seattle. At the first sight of sun, everyone is going around in brightly colored flooded pants, straw hats, and flipflops. You just can't get away from it. Well, maybe you can, the straw hat part, anyway. It got up to 80 degrees by the end of the day though. It seems like summer comes earlier every year. Hum.

Kaitie and I went for an hour long bike ride. It was great. I like biking. I like being outside. I've been trying to spend more and more time outside. I love just going to a park or the beach or something, and doing nothing all day. I mean, well, doing something, like enjoying time with friends, or playing music, maybe building a sandcastle. A picnic is always nice, and I usually can't help myself from running around like six year old every now and then - just simple stuff! That's cheap, quality time right there.

Tomorrow should be a pleasant day. I'm doing some fun stuff! We're visiting some friends, going to my sister-in-law's baby shower, and then I'm going on an exciting architectural adventure (how fun does that sound? Post a rating, I was trying to make it sound really, really fun, like it's something I decided to do for the sake of doing it) for my art class. Tyrone is going to go with me, so it should be fun. Kaitie wants to come too, so I guess I'll let her. ha, she makes a good tagalong anyway.

I really should finish up this school stuff. I still have several chapters to read and a test to take. Online classes are so great. I don't think I'd take another one though. I mean, it's great because it's a course on mushrooms, not because it's an online course. If it was for something like...english or physics, I don't think I'd enjoy it very much.


What a glorious day it's been - and it's not over yet! ha!

-becca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home