September 22, 2005

I wasn't going to post about my first day at work, since I didn't think it would be that exciting. But I have to say, this is going to be really fun. For one thing, the building is at least three times as big as the one I worked in this summer. This means there is actually space to put things and to walk around. It's hard to explain how wonderful that is, but it gives a whole new, relaxed atmosphere to the whole place.

My manager is young and very nice. I like her a lot. She actually paid me for the time I came in to be trained today! I didn't start getting paid for my hours at my old job until a few days after I started working there. I was lucky; other former coworkers of mine didn't get paid for their first week of work!

Which reminds me; my old boss still hasn't sent me my last paycheck, as far as I know. I should call my parents to see if it's come.

It was so, so nice learning the correct way to do things, and it helped that I already knew almost everything. The people who work there are nice, and they've all worked there for at least a year - this compared to my former workplace, where on average we had someone quitting every week over two months.

Anyway, today was kind of full because of my first work day. I had classes and work straight from 8 am to 8 pm. Tomorrow is Friday and I'm very happy about that.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

Cool! It does sound nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home