September 20, 2005

I think I have made it clear that my summer work experience was not enjoyable. I hope I have made clear the reasons it was so. In case I didn't, let me explain.

-I like Subway food.
-I like promoting a healthy product in selling Subway food.
-I like making sandwiches.
-I like customer interaction.
In other words, I like the actual WORK part of Subway.

Here are the reasons I did not have a good experience:

-There were communication issues with my boss.
-There was a major lack of organization everywhere.
-There was not a very strict adherence to the health code.
-In fact, there was not much adherence to anything.
In other words, my only objections were not the fault of Subway itself; they were problems with the ownership.

The above justifies my recent actions in filling out a Subway application, making a follow up visit and phone call, going in for an interview tonight, and getting a job there.

The place is clean. There is a standard, very organized procedure for everything that I really care about. My boss is down to earth, flexible with my schedule, and nice. I have still never had a real interview. My first job interview was "Okay, customer service, it IMPORTANT, okay, now you come and I show you how make sandwich." This one was just, "So, what hours are you available? Okay, can you come in Thursday? Okay."

I am super excited about actually getting trained.

I now have to go.

Oh, and for those who keep asking (or who I haven't talked to but I know would ask me if I did talk to them), classes are great, church is pretty good, I like my friends, and my roommate and I have not exploded each other up yet.

Bye!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger becca said...

amber amber amber, you poooosted.


HI!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home